Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (rayholt)      Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: Los Angeles, CA       08-10-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
Hey!, It's me... Ray... and I'll be in Austin this month from the 14th-18th just hanging out and visiting the area for the first time. Would like to ride while I'm there. I'm debating on bringing my board, but if I secured a session to ride with someone I'd for sure bring it... otherwise I'd have to borrow someone's. I can drive a boat, help pay for gas, and consider myself an intermediate/advanced rider. Just looking to have fun and meet some cool people while I'm here.

I think there is a Cable Park nearby? May have to settle for that if there isn't much luck here.

Thanks!
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-11-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
You've got a few cable options in the area if you don't get a boat to ride on. I've been to all 3, here's a little info on them.

Quest ATX is in Austin. It rotates clockwise and has some pretty neat features. Best thing about it is that it's the closest to Austin. Worst thing is there is no walkway back to the dock. By that I mean if you fall on the far side of the lake, you're swimming the entire way back. Also, when you make it back to shore, there's no beach or concrete walkway. I had multiple thorns in my feet by the time I left. At least that's how it was when I went a few months ago, maybe things have changed. The potential for this place is through the roof once they get a little more built up.

BSR Cablepark is in Waco which is about a 1 and 1/2 hour drive from Austin. Clockwise rotation. The place is out of this world. The features were awesome and they offer a lot of variety. There's a walkway all the way around the park and there's also a bar and grill. The best thing I liked about BSR is that both heelside and toeside ramps were pretty close to the dock. So, if you're learning something new, you spend minimal time swimming back losing energy.

Texas Ski Ranch (TSR) is in New Braunfels which is about 45 min to 1 hour away from Austin depending on traffic. Counter clockwise rotation. It's got a cement walkway the entire lake so it's easy to get back. The features are cool, but some are kind of way out there so they're a little tricky to get to if you haven't tried it before. There's also a bar and grill (Wahoos).

Hope any of that helps!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-11-2014, 11:57 AM Reply   
Dang I would off you a pull on the Star, but i will be out of town

BSR is definitely the best park around, friendly staff, awesome features, lazy river, hottub, bar and grill! definitely the place to be and definitely worth the drive!

Quest is your next best option, it is never packed so there is no lines, and the features are pretty good too.
Old     (rayholt)      Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: Los Angeles, CA       08-15-2014, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys! Thanks so much for those tips. That's awesome that there are a few to choose from at least. I'm going to try and get out to BSR early tomorrow morning if I don't wake up late again.
Old     (Livesound)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-22-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
I'm always. Day late! Would have gave you a pull on the x25.