Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-16-2012, 9:31 PM Reply   
Been riding my 4 skim moss for about a year now and still really enjoy the board. But i have been really interested in upgrading to the inland surfer Keenan flegel skim board. Has anyone ridden both (or just the Keenan model) that could give me a review and some insight on this board and possible there differences disadvantages etc?
Thx
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-16-2012, 9:46 PM Reply   
The Keenan and the moss are the same shape. The 2012 Keenan has a different core that makes it lighter, stiffer, and livelier than the Moss. Also the Keenan has sharper rails which makes it faster and more responsive.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-17-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
The new Keenan is larger than the one which previously was the Moss. It has only been out a short time. Keenan is also working on a twin fin prototype.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
Yeah the 2013 Keenan will be a totally new shape.
The 2011 and 2012 Keenan is the same outline as the Moss
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       10-17-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
I have the Moss 4 skim and have ridden the 2012 Keenen. As stated above, the Keenen is the same shape as the Moss, but lighter with sharper rails. Overall this makes the board feel faster and more lively. It also seems to spin fast possibly due to the slicker carbon fiber.

You could always grind down the rails on the moss to your liking a la - Jeff Walker. (http://flyboywakesurf.com/hot-rodn-the-ooze)

I really enjoy the skim style boards, I'm currently on a Phase 5 Drew from 3 years ago. The size fits my body profile 6'1" and 190lbs better.

Demo!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-17-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
New shape for 2013? Hmmm maybe i should wait a bit longer and see what the new model will be like...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
DC, the new shape is larger. So if you want a 51" shape then you would want the 2012 Keenan. Or next year the same board will be the 2013 Sean Cummings.