Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-14-2010, 11:31 PM Reply   
I am thinking of picking up a new board, just wanted to get some advice from you guys.

I have a 2011 CWB Transcend new in the plastic from factory that replaced my 08 Transcend under a warranty issue. I have herd that the 2011 Transcend is a 1000x's better then the one I had, but I havent tried it out yet.

I've been looking at different boards thinking that I might want to try something new for next season since local board shops and cutting deals on 2010 stuff to get rid of it.

My style of riding is pretty simple. I enjoy doing surface ticks, slides, jumping wake to wake, little board grabs, but nothing major. Just out there to have a great time. So I guess you can say I am a knee bent mellow rider who doesn't want to work to hard. I am 260 and 6'0.

I demoed a Hyperlite Tribute and enjoyed it very much, but It felt a tad slow for me as I am used to the Transcend. But board slides were super cake on this board.

I forgot to mentioned, I am also looking at the LF Trip 138 for my girlfriend she rides a 144 motive, but i want to get her something smaller. She just likes cruising around, nothing fancy.

I am currently looking at the 2010 LF Watson, how different is it to my 08 Transcend and the Tribute?

Any information would be awesome. Thank You!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-15-2010, 5:07 AM Reply   
Hmmmm
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-15-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlite View Post
Hmmmm
You truly couldnt be more annoying.. You post "Hmmmmmmmmm" to every third thread in this forum..

We get it, k? So be done..

It's not cute or funny.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-15-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Can anyone give me some advice?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-18-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilva View Post
Can anyone give me some advice?
I love my Transcend. I ride it with the short fins. With the short fins in - it's pretty locked in. Surface tricks aren't as easy as they are on other boards (spinning surface 1's, butter slides, etc).. It's got a center spine and fixed fins... When you edge - it's locked. I really enjoy the pop - it's manageable but you can go big.. It's been one of my favorite boards I've rode..

I just got a 2011 in the mail last night and have really enjoyed my 09' Platinum.. I'm stoked on the board.. I've never rode it without the fin extensions - it may be looser on the water that way if that's what you prefer. The pop, edging, etc are great. Everyone likes riding it that's taken a set on it.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-18-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
For your size and riding style I would go with the LF Trip 146. It will be a great board for you and take you as far as you want to go. You can also run it with the center fins in if you want it more locked in feeling or take them out for your surface tricks. You will love the board. It a perfect all around board for your level and size. I have a few friends that ride and love the Trip.

Also the great thing is that right now you can find amazing deals on a 146 Trip for sure 50% off or more. The 09, 10, 11's are all the same shape. Have fun!
Old    readyaimfire            10-27-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
if u wanna unload that motive 144, I will take it off your hands
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-27-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
I ride both a Watson and a Lyman. The Watson seems to ride more "loose" than the Lyman, so it feels better for surface tricks. it also doesn't catch an edge as easy so it's more forgiving.
With that said, I still prefer the Lyman for W2W jumps and grabs since it feels like it holds better with the 4-fin setup. I never tried it with just 2 fins, no doubt that would help with the surface tricks. Just make sure you get a large enough board for your weight. I am 175lbs and ride a 138/139.