Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (powerliftingusa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
I was hoping someone could help me out with the best weight and speed for a 2006 Mobius LSV I have 2 750's in the rear and the stock ballast in the front. I am having a heck of time getting the right combo for beef cake wake?? Any suggestions? Thanks
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
If you still have your original rear sacs, put them up front in the walkway and have 1500 in the rear, and 1200 up front. Pretty good chance you have it too heavy in the rear. My 07 really likes more weight up front and it keeps the wake cleaner. We have not calibrated PP, but I ride 70ft at 24mph and the wake is nice and clean. If we get too much weight in the rear or put the wakeplate too far up, it will wash out sooner though. Basically, the more weight up front, the better it is for me. Firm, meaty, with good boot. I prefer a more rampy wake so I keep the plate most of the way down, but it can get pretty peaky if you bring the plate up.

I don't have my 750's for the rear yet, but I will next month and my stock sacs will go up front. I have had friends bring out about 1k worth of sacs and the farther forward they are, the better the wake.
Old     (powerliftingusa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-15-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick much appreciated...
I think I will try a 250 in the front walkway and some lead bags under the seats.
I was thinking I was a little rear heavy...
I prefer riding at 20-21 do you think I can still get good wake at this speed or do you really need higher speed 23-24 to get the most out of the Mobius (I've seen some postings that say the Mobius needs to go faster).
Thanks for the input!
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
it depends, like I said, my PP is not calibrated and I don't know if yours is or not. Ride at the speed you feel comfortable and fast enough to clean up the wake at least as far back as you are. If you are adding weight, you will likely need to speed up some to overcome it and clean up the wake.