Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    dbogart            08-06-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
guys,

my boat has two rings near the swim platform to hook up a "Y" harness for the rope , and it also has a center cleat. which is better for using to hook the tow rope to? i know the center cleat would be easier to change the rope length-but is it "sturdy" enough to handle pulling somebody?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
What kind of boat? Are you talking about the transom tie downs?
Old    dbogart            08-06-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
its a bayliner capri. the two rings are just below the swim platform, not the trailer strap rings (i think thats what your talking about?) i have been using the two rings with the Y harness but i saw the cleat and started wondering....
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-06-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
dave how do you like your cwb sol you bought? Post a picture of the back of your boat.

~dmc~
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-06-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
Go ahead and use the cleat. I learned on a Bayliner Capri and it'll be fine. We used that cleat for 2 years and it never gave us trouble.
Old    dbogart            08-06-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
mango,

it took a little getting use to as it was wider then the board i learned on, but now i love it.

had lake hopatcong basically to myself on wed. nice smooth water.

at the end of the day i went for a big jump (knew i had no chance of landing it) and was surprised by the amount of air i could get off my boats wake. the guys said the bottom of the board was about 5 ft off the water. my back still hurts from eating it, but it sure was fun. i will post a pic tommorrow for the rope hook up.
Old    dbogart            08-06-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
thanks mike.
Old    texas_wake            08-06-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
i use the middle one it has caused no problems rope stays on tite plus real easy to take off when u stop
Old    dbogart            08-06-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
im gonna give it a whirl on the cleat then..