Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
I just got my new 2007 Enzo SV230. It came with 4 ballast tanks (2 per side). Here is a picture of the Starboard wake (we all ride goofy foot) at about 10 mph. Both Starboard ballast tanks were full and 3 people sitting in the seats closest to the Starboard side. I think that I can get it to clean up a little more, but for the first time out I thought it looked very good.Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            08-22-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
That's while turning too, isn't it? What sort of wake are you used to surfing on, Austin?
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
try about 12 mph, it might clean it up a bit. that is what we surf at and we're running an 06 enzo. do you have the switchblade? If you do you'll need to play around with it. Depending upon how many people in the boat. 3-4 people, its all the way 6-12 people, its usually about 3-5 on the gauge. That's a dang sharp boat!!!
Old    surfdad            08-23-2006, 5:57 AM Reply   
If you have a standard rotating prop'ed Enzo with a blade and want to improve the starboard wake, I've heard from experts taking the blade ALL THE WAY OFF the boat, will improve the starboard wake considerably.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Did you get the counter rotation tranny? I have a regular Enzo with the blade and I can not get a goofy wake. I have the blade off right now so maybe I should try again. I am regular but I want to learn to ride back side.
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
I did not order the blade but it does have 2 stock Starboard ballast tanks. I also found that the speedometer was off and I was most likely going about 9 mph in the picture. We will likely add more ballast and speed up some, but for starboard side w/o the counter rotating prop, I think it will still work nice.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
austin, is that a rooster tail?
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-19-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
I have a smaller centurion-similar hull...

Good news: you can get a better goofy wake than that.
Bad news: it's going to take some trial and error.

My boat has no blade, I've ridden behind one that does-ditch the Wakezup.

For a nice big clean face we run 400lb in the rear locker, 150 under stbd pass seat, 150 on stb pass seat (if we are short on flesh sacs), 150 up front, center stock 250 full, all passengers on the stbd side and when the water cops aren't about and adult on the stbd sunpad/locker cover.
Beg/borrow a GPS and calibrate your perfect pass per the manual. I run 10-10.3mph, you may need a little more speed given your longer boat.

Below pic was taken without the weight up front and without the extra fatbrick-so 300lb short of the above set-up.
Upload