Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
i finally got some pics of my new boat.

these pics are taken w/ 100hrs on the boat.

2004 Moomba Mobius LSV
6 Kicker K6's
2 MB Quart Tower Speakers
10' Polk Sub
1 Kenwood 700w amp (Tower Speakers)
1 Bazooka Mono amp (Sub)
Board Racks

thats pretty much all the extras i've put on, hope you guys like it.

http://www.wakepics.com/member/Mmobius2004

(Message edited by mmobius2001 on August 07, 2004)
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2004, 11:46 PM Reply   
Nice boat... I've never been much for yellow but it looks great on your mob :-) O make you links actual links though(little world pic with the chain thing). People hate the old cut and paste:

http://www.wakepics.com/member/Mmobius2004

Old    wsrmatt            08-09-2004, 1:10 AM Reply   
looks good. im actually wanting to look into buying a boat. itll be my first one.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
i've always liked bright colors for wakeboard boats, i dont like the darks (red,black, dark blue etc). i love the orange, light green, yellows, baby blues, i like the stand out colors that just hit you!
Old    needca            08-09-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
Phil,
Boat looks awesome, just wanted to give you a heads up on those Mako speakers, I had serious problems with them staying tight on the tower. I tried everything (lock tite, redrilling holes in can, metal straps). The dealer I bought my boat from told me he's had problems with them as well and since then has stopped putting them on new boats. He ended up replacing them for me with these
www.fusionsports.com

Hope it works out
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
you had problems with being tight on the tower (clamps) or the clamp screwed into the bin, because i've already had to pop the speaker out of the one and re-tighten the one.

Old    needca            08-09-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Phil,
Yes, exact same problem. I tried everything, ultimately I think its a poor design. The only way I could see those speakers staying on well is to add another clamp to the end of the can to make 2 on each speaker. Best of luck

Matt
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Matt, Phil--If you have a problem with the speaker staying attached to the collar, you should contact Mako immediately at sales@mako-ind.com . If you start redrilling holes, etc, you run the risk of voiding your limited LIFETIME warranty.

BTW, great looking boat Phil!