Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-02-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Hello everyone...I know post-ACL reconstruction/meniscus repair brace question has been addressed on here before, and is usually regarding CTI and Donjoy braces. I had my mind set on a CTI custom brace, however my ortho MD uses BREG braces. I am totally unfamiliar with these. Does anyone out there have any experience with them, and how did you like them? Thanks!
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-02-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
I had a Bregg for many years and it was just ok. Mine was metallic and my current CTi is carbon fiber which is way stronger. Bregg is a good name, just try to get a carbon fiber one and you should be fine.

-Uj
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
I had ACL reconstruction about a year ago, and also got a Breg brace. Like UJ says, it's okay. Aluminum and plastic, not carbon fiber.. I have good luck with it, though. It is pretty comfortable, and it doesn't move around. I don;t feel like it hampers my flexibility too much.. I guess I have been fairly satisfied with it
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-03-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
No to deter you but i also had a Breg it was okay but the plastic hinge on the side started to break after a year....and after breaking my Tib wearing a Breg never going to again
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-06-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
I've been using two custom fit Breg Fusion XT's for about 3 years, and I can say that I'm not that happy with them. They move around, the straps come undone, and they are just not that comfortable. I will be looking to move to the CTI's in the near future myself.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-06-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
I had a similar problem with my Doc. He has always used Donjoy and nothing else for the last twenty something years. I read enough reviews that I decided I was going to get a CTI custom. It took some fighting with the Doc and with the braces reps at my local Ortho office but after some bitching I got what I wanted. Fits perfect although I haven't boarded in it seeing that I'm only 3 months post op. Whichever brace you end up with, best of luck to you.
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-08-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback!! It actually really helped in my decision. I am going to get a custom CTI brace. It just seems to be the best option for wakeboarding, and seems to have the most research performed for sports applications. Still wont be able to ride until feb or march, but I cant wait!!