Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-27-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
Another boat I just finished up. This boat came in from Indianapolis, IN (8.5 hours away), about 6 months ago. It ended up getting put off through the Winter but stayed in the shop the whole time. I started working on it in January but ran into a problem. The boat originally had an Evolution tower, but water had gotten into the tower tubes, froze, expanded the metal, and ruined the tower. It took the customer this long to get a new tower for it. He originally went to Samson, but was unhappy with the communication from them and the delay on getting the tower completed. An overall bad experience, so he ended up taking it back to Centurion in North Carolina to have a Gladiator tower installed. I removed the old tower, then had a local body shop fill all the holes on the deck and fix the gelcoat. When they were done, he picked up the boat, pulled it 14 hours to Centurion, then flew home. A week later flew back to Centurion, the pulled the boat back to me. I finished it up this afternoon and he picks it up tomorrow.

Alpine CDA-9886M
Alpine MC1, MC10
WS-420
WS Syn4 (2)
WS Syn1
WS 12" XXX
WS SS-65's (4 pair)
WS Pro80X's (2 pair)
Xaudiocovers.com billet flame stereo enclosure
20" LED light bars in console (2)
15 cupholder LED's
Amprack floating on lexan with LED backlighting
Bimini Blue Shadow Caster SCM10's (3)

To get the 80's on the Gladiator tower, I had to drill out the 3 top holes on the cans to fit the outer holes on the tower, then for the center, I had a set of Pro60X Evolution brackets that I used. The hole on the bracket for the wire to pass through had to be drilled out, then the speaker wire went through the back of the can into the can. I don't really know of any other way right now to mount these on that tower, since the tower is new to the market, and WS hasn't developed anything just yet.

On to the pics:

Old     (mvanhove)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
Very nice install!
I love these types of threads.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-27-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
Another one that I completed before the red boat. I can only take credit for the following:

Cutting 3 holes, and adding the Wet Sounds sXS-10FA's under the rear bench seat
Cutting 4 holes, and adding the 3rd set of JL components in the gunwhales (pictured)
Building/Mounting amprack, wiring it up
Mouting/installing battery, battery isolator, and charger

Crawling in and out of the hole to get into the gunwhale where the amps and battery are was a real pleasure....

The boat came with tribal flame grills from www.xaudiocovers.com. There's a set ordered for the additional JL speakers to be installed later.

All the pics: http://jonyb.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8808288

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-27-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Forgot I have another one that was just finished up...

This is a 29' Baja Outlaw. I've changed several things around every year, but finally got something that should work out real well.

OEM Clarion head unit
Phoenix Gold line driver
Wet Sounds Syn4
Wet Sounds Syn2
(2) Wet Sounds XS-10FA's under rear bench
4 pair Wet Sounds XS-650's
2 pair Clarion Tweeters
Digital Designs 3512 in cabin
Digital Designs M1A 1000W monoblock
Stinger SP1700 battery
Stinger SPG32 isolator
Stinger SBC6A on-board charger

Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-27-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
John,

My boat not worthy?

Chris
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-27-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
I've only got the before pics uploaded Chris, I haven't gotten the afters up yet. You can post them up if you have some.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-28-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
jonyb
Looks great man!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-28-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
JB, great, clean work man looks like a lot of work but its always great to see the finished product.

The sub enclosure on the Centurion looks really cool what's the story with that?

What did you use for cabeling?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-28-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
John

Great looking install.

One quick question. Where did you get the tower light ? Also, did the bracket the tower lights is sitting one come with the light or did you order that separate? The reason I ask, is that I just bought a pair (at least they look the same) from Great Skipper, but the bracket that was not included. So I just installed them directly to the tower.

Thanks
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-28-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Hate, we had the box painted when the boat went to the body shop to have the holes filled on the deck from the old tower. Since they were painting the boat, I had them do the face of the box as well. There's a 20" red LED strip above it from Oznium that shines down on it.

lakesurfer, the fog lights and tower light on the Gladiator tower came from Centurion. I didn't install the tower, they did, so I'm affraid I can't help you out on that one.