Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-20-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
I just read on Aaron's facebook page that Nautiques have dropped him from their team.... bummer for him for sure but I'm sure another company will be more than willing to pick him up, especially the way he has been riding the past few months...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
Wow, there must be a back story to that, why would you drop the most progressive rider in the sport?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-21-2009, 12:21 AM Reply   
"N" word what?! i agree with ralph. there must be baggage of some kind that would cause correct craft to drop one of the most progressive riders of the year
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-21-2009, 4:45 AM Reply   
Yea good idea nautique.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-21-2009, 5:03 AM Reply   
WHAAAAT THATS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO KNOW WHY
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-21-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
why would you drop the bet rider in the industry when they have other people Far from the talent he has
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
drama!
Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-21-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
PERFECT Now he can pick up a real Boat company like Mastercraft.

KIDDING!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-21-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Actually MC pulled promo boats from most of their pro riders too. From names that would shock you.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-21-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Yea I heard that boats started being pulled from pros about 2 or 3 months ago. First one i heard about was centurion.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-21-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
Yup, it really blows, but I bet it had nothing to do with Rathy. He's killing it right now. Unfortunately the boat companies are suffering and they're doing whatever they can to cut costs.

Bummer.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
sounds like a HUGE opportunity for epic boats. i'm just sayin'...
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have to disagree that it has nothing to do with Rathy and its due to the economy.

How does dropping Aaron Rathy help Nautique's cash flow? It doesn't. Plus if cash was the issue they would just tell him that he needs to hold on to his old boat for another year and if he gets a stipend they have to pull it until things get better.... which sucks, but it doesn't mean you drop him from your team. Rathy is probably the #1 or #2 rider in the world right now and everybody knows it... it makes absolutely no sense to drop him from the team for financial purposes... IMO there have to be some circumstances were Aaron and Nautique didn't see eye to eye, or some other behavioral issues or something to have caused this.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
i guess to some, there has to be a conspiracy rather than accept the obvious or logical.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
How is my financial argument not logical?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       10-21-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
not seeing eye to eye might be that he hit the bs 10 and ole bs 10 on a star? Nicola may have a boat so he proballt spends a bunch of time on there.

If it was economy based wouldnt they cut the more lesser known guys and or his stipend like luker said. Hmm Jeff mckee or rathy on my team?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-21-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
And since when is getting sponsored solely about riding ability? Just saying.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
^ exactly. Jeff McKee and Bob Soven over Aaron Rathy? Gotta be more than finances.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-21-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
I would kill to have McKee on any team of mine, just saying. The man does work. on the water and off, he does everything possible to make things right and good for the people he works for. Slingshot is a prime example.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       10-21-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
ya josh no ones saying his not a great guy but if slingshot could have rathy would they?

Whose gonna sell more boats Mckee for bing a great free rider or Rathy with videos on the web all the time about him making history and pumping up the 230 and his contest wins. Publicity and notarity drive sells not being a great guy.

People who get flow from companies always see things in a biased way.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
^ +1 anytime i've seen him at boatshow/demo whatever he is an amazing personality to have as a rep... almost as good as Zane/Will for MC
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-21-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Yeah I gotta go with Luker. The Facebook post sounded a bit bitter. Obviously I don't know the guy, but the tone of the post did not sound like it was mutual.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
when is getting dropped ever mutual?

9 out of 10 times someone isn't happy.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
Whether he's bitter or not, at the end of the day, is it really any of our business? We're talkin about someone's livelihood here. If he wants to talk about it, fine, but how would you like it if people gossiped about why you were dropped/fired/whatever on a message board?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
^ uhhh... HE posted it on Facebook.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Uhhh, I guess that means fair game.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       10-21-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
joe id be happy cause that means ive made it and people care. You think people talk about a rod and jeter cause they have a lifetime batting average of .200?
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-21-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
I bet McKee sells more boats for Nautique than Rathy did, because in a video Rathy is riding behind several different boats. Mckee Travels to Boat shows all over repping Nautique, and grass root tournaments that Nautiques sponsors I have seen Mckee out at a couple pushing the Nautique name hard. No doubt rathy is an amazing rider and everyone and their mother knows it, but I think Mckee does more work for his sponsors.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-21-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
I think this falls into one of those parts of being a professional athlete. If the Cav's Dropped LeBron, everyone would be going nuts on all the news networks.

If you are in the public spotlight, people will speculate when things happen to you. In America, it's quite an accepted practice.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Accepted or common?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Man I would love to see him on a Tomcat.

Rath - Buffalow here, hit me up if you are interested.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-21-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Sure there is more to it than a financial situation...That is like the equivalent of nautique dropping harf. You just wouldn't get rid of a guy like Rathy to cut some costs.
Old    shooter_08            10-21-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Comparing basketball and baseball players to action sports athletes is like comparing apples and oranges. I think the expectations are much different with a sponsorship. It's a business and it all comes down to promoting the brand as a sponsored rider. The best riders are not always the best investment for a company. It's a difficult time for boat manufactures and I'm sure they had to make a difficult decision. I would say Dallas and Byerly are better investments for Nautique.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-21-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
Dallas? (uh malibu)
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-21-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
Yeah I am pretty sure Dallas is the opposite of an investment for Nautique... Just a guess though
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
^ Byerly really? Seems like winches and cables are a huge part of Toe Jam... and wakeskating and winches go together like stink and shi*.

Shaun Murray is without a doubt the number one team rider in the history of any company. That guy sells more product than everyone else combined... whether it be boats, boards, ANYTHING. And most of it is done because of Shaun "off" the water. Respect.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-21-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
"I would say Dallas and Byerly are better investments for Nautique."

Last time I checked Dallas rode for Malibu. If I'm wrong on this I'll eat my own arm.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-21-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
so how many more posts until Rathy comes on here and explains what went down..
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-21-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Accepted.

That is, according to the U.S. Supreme Court, public speculation (even by the open press) about motives of a public figure is, acceptable, if done without overstepping an 'actual malice' standard.

"The actual malice standard requires that the plaintiff in a defamation or libel case prove that the publisher of the statement in question knew that the statement was false or acted in reckless disregard of its truth or falsity. Because of the extremely high burden of proof on the plaintiff, and the difficulty in proving essentially what is inside a person's head, such cases—when they involve public figures—rarely prevail."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times_Co._v._Sullivan
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-21-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
well they yanked his face of the website pretty durn quick.
http://www.teamnautique.com/wake.html
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-21-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
Rathy IS THE SHizzzz He will be picked up ASAP! unless he made a mistake.. Then he is ONLY HUMAN like everyone else....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-21-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
I heard he's getting onboard with Dan and Wakecraft
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Agreed... to this day the most rad thing I've ever seen done on a wakeboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245G-W3ic3M
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-21-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
^^^^^^sure doesn't look like a nautique in that video maybe that had something to do with it
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
nope.... unless they've changed towers, and put MC's name on it.
Upload
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-21-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
If I were to take a shot in the dark, it would be because in some of his online videos, he is riding mastercraft boats. I would be pissed to if someone I paid to ride my boat, was riding someone else's and posting videos online. Also, we don't know whats going on inside. Maybe its something Nautique has talked to him about previously and he has ignored their requests. I'm with Adam, I'm hoping he hops on here and explains whats up, or we'll be guessing and creating rumors forever.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-21-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
So if i'm a pro basketball player sponsored by wilson, and my buddies asked me to play in their pick-up game, and they're using a Baden ball. Someone happens to youtube me nailing a massive 360 dunk that wowed everyone. Does this yield cause for Wilson to drop me?

Lets not jump to conclusions gentlemen. Just take it face value.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-21-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Nope I think that is Nautiques new prototype tower for 2011, the "DUSTERCAP". It has an automatic duster that cleans up after all your frineds!!!!
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-21-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
I think they did it to create a buzz because you guys are going nuts over this.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-21-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
probably cause he didnt wear a life jacket and then I wrote that post about him. Rathy, i'm sorry, didnt mean to eff up your life!

I've been known to have a lot of influence on the internetz...
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-21-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
I think that scenario is questionable, because even though it should be more of the athletes skill that is showing... a lot of people are going to look at equipment and question how much it helps

I remember when the first 1080s were being done, there was a ton of talk about how all 1080s were being done behind a MasterCraft which is great advertisement for them and doesn't exactly help Nautique in any way. In this economy I think the riders really have to bend over backwards to keep their jobs and even that won't necessarily keep them on the team.

Rathy, good luck on finding another boat company. You definitely have the skill for the job.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2009, 10:10 PM Reply   
Sometimes threads like these....wakeworld=paparazzi.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       10-22-2009, 1:09 AM Reply   
Its so funny how people talk whatever they think and post it here and then other people read it and the next thing you know is that somebody heard from someone that read something on wakeworld and the outcome is total Bu11$H*t.

Nick: the screenshot you so well took only happened cuz I was shooting from Nicola Butlers boat. which we used as a chase boat so you can have a video to talk about and take screenshots like these ones in your spare time.

Im sure the new world champ whos also the king of the wake will somehow figure something out.
but when that happens im sure itll be on here just like this thread so then again.
grab the popcorn just like Luker said and enjoy for a few days.

till theres a new post and it just keeps on goin ;)

Peace
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2009, 2:44 AM Reply   
I dont want to mess around here, but about Harf who did his 1260 behind a Malibu ?
Old     (roy_munson)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-22-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
so he WAS riding behind a nautique in that vid?
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       10-22-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
epic!

but im sure all the top of the line boats out there are well capable of pulling a big enough double up for a pro to hit anything he wants. with all the ballasts filled, enough fat sacks and people in the boat.

Its just like when they go on tour and they have to ride behind diff boats then they used to.
they still gotta hit all their stuff the same.
just cuz the boats a lil diff the rider and the skillz stay the same.

I think.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-22-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
It would make since...

MC pulls in the PWT.... Wouldn't you want to be familiar with the wake before you go out there and compete?
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-22-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
norbi....can you please explain how that video was shot from a chase boat???? was the chase boat on top of the boat pulling him? Watch it again
Old     (roy_munson)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-22-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
uhhhhhhhhhhh....that video was shot from the same boat towing the rider...i wish it were shot in a chase boat...shooting from the boat sucks!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
wait...so the screenshot I took was from a whole other boat ?!
riiiiiiiight.

I'm fairly certain the video looked like it was shot from in the boat.... or you had a chase boat in front of the boat pulling the rider, with you on like a 20 ft. boom off the tower and zoomed in to get that "in the boat shot" feel, which would make zero sense.

I'm not debating Rathy will do fine w/o Nautique
I'm not saying MC riding is what got him canned
I'm not saying that his off the water behavior did it.
I AM SAYING that it sucks... he is the man. Best of Luck Rathy
Old     (brock_sampson)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-22-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Why shouldn't people speculate about the reasons?
With all of the so called "lifestyle" portions of videos, the importance of being personable as a company rep, generating interest about ones self, and the sheer "look at me" nature of wakeboarding,company reps live and die by their images both on and off the water.

After all, isn't it interest, buzz, and image that makes one desireable as a team rider? The interest in the person is what makes them, and when someones favorite rider parts ways with a sponsor, it is completely logical and acceptable to want to know why as a fan.

Was the boat company unfair to the rider? If so, as a fan, someone may make a purchasing decision based on that fact.
Was it behavioral issues, or personality issues? If so, a fan may choose to not sign up for a clinic.

I can say that I base alot of my purchasing decisions on who I like- Since all the major equipment and boat makers are similar in overall quality, I support the guys I like with my wallet, attend clinics with riders I like and pass on them when it is a guy I dont care for.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-22-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
All depends on his contract if him riding behind another boat is grounds for dismissal.

You think Jared wouldn't like to eat at some fast food place besides Subway once in a while? He might have a friend picking it up for him, but no way you'll ever see him inside a McDonald's or Burker King.

There was a huge stink back when Jordan was on the Olympic basketball squad that was sponsored by Reebok or Adidas (can't remember which, but not Nike) and when Jordan was on the medal stand, the compromise was he had to flip down the collar to cover up the non-Nike logo.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-22-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
Gerald - thats why you see jordan with the american flag draped over his shoulders in all of those pictures...
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-22-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
Those are a lot bigger stars and companies that sell a bunch more than these boat companies. I guess CC could be just as anal.... but they still HAVE to ride behind a MC on the PWT no matter who sponsors them...
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
"All depends on his contract if him riding behind another boat is grounds for dismissal. "
I can guarantee you that no pro rider has this written in to their contract. What would happen if Rusty, D Harf, Chad all wanted to ride together? They would have to bring 3 different boats? I don't think so.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-22-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
^^^ They ride behind a slammed I/O with the labels blacked out. That way NOBODY is promoting.

In seriousness Adam, I think your pretty spot on with that one. Outside free-riding at home, what about sponsored videos with 1 boat company sponsor, the respective contests such as Worlds (Supra), Nautique's Nationals, obviously the Pro Tour (Mastercraft), Malibu Open and others. It would be a very difficult stipulation to make concrete based on the potential for your team rider to be behind so many different boats for any given reason.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-22-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
For real, I'd like to know how many boats are actually sold as a result of a pro rider being sponsored by them. Aside from those riders who do the demos and travel to boat shows, I can't imagine many. Seems like an expense any boat company could easily cut out of the budget.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-22-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
I am not sure I agree with the budget part. If you provide a demo boat to a pro for one year and then sell it to a dealer for a reduced cost, what are you losing as a manufacturer? maybe 20%? I have no idea but even if the manufacturer sold the boat at their cost to a dealer as a used demo for the dealer to mark up with full warranty, i wouldn't think the cost would be that high.

But agree with you Mike. Personality and the willingness to push the brand (boat shows, events) would be the biggest plus that a sponsored rider could bring to the table.

I spoke to Adam Wensink at the Chicago boat show and the guy was very down to earth and obviously a fantastic asset to Nautique.

If a rider isn't pushing your brand then what is the point of having them on the team at all?

Edit to say that this is my general opinion and in now way is it related to the Rathy scenario. Just an overall opinion of cost/benefit of having sponsored riders.

(Message edited by wakereviews on October 22, 2009)
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-22-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I think the idea that any boat company would get upset about one of there riders riding behind another boat is pretty ridiculous. The rider would have to tow his Nautique or MC on every trip they went on just to keep the sponsor happy and not break the relationship by riding a different boat during a video, the logistics of it just don't add up. On a second note Adam Wensink is an amazing rider and a huge asset to Nautique he does a ton for the company, he also works for the company too but that doesnt change the fact the he does alot for the company to promote the brand.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-22-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
The video where he hits the wrapped bs 9 w2w is behind his nautique but the rest of the videos released thos summer were behind the xstar. Something just seems weird that he would get dropped and no one else on the team got the axe. He always had his nautique stickers very visible on his board too. Could it have to do with him riding vestless in a lot of the clips? Picking up a new boat sponsor isn't easy either. Look at Lyman. Talk about one of the best personalities in the sport and he still can't get a new boat sponsor since tige. I don't know anyone who would want to ride for tige but it's still extra $ coming in.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
rathy is sick and will get picked up soon. he better. he is really pushing the sport and has been a leader in getting wakeboarding fresh again. wakeboarding was getting pretty stale for a few years.
I like to think that i am very current on wakenews and am formiliar with who rides for what company, but i had forgotten that rathy was a rider for nautique, and i work at a nautique dealership haha
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-22-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Come on Kyle - no need to bash other boat companies, keep that in the other threads
Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-22-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
^^^ What? You dont know anyone that would want to ride for tige? They make an amazing product. Why wouldnt anyone ride for them? Ignorant inflamatory comment. Sorry didnt mean to hijack
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-22-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
As for pro wakeboarders, no I don't. I do not think any of them would deliberately seek out tige to ride for just as people do not deliberately choose tige if they have enough $ for the big three. They signed Adam errington before g
he blew up and had other offers. Besides Adam they have watkins and tino. There is a reason you never see tige's on the lake. I have ridden on almost every lake in tampa and quite a few in Orlando and have never seen a person wakeboarding behind a tige. That has to say something.

(Message edited by Lfxstar on October 22, 2009)
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Its funny how people associate skill level to being sponsored. One person was talking about how they should have dropped Mckee instead of Rathy. This makes zero sense. Mckee pushes the new 210 hard. As far as I know is the only pro Wakeboarder for Nautique that rides behind the new 210 instead of the 230. Just cos Mckee has not done a 1080 yet or jumped on the wrapped bandwagon does not mean rathy should be kept and Mckee dropped. He also appeals to the free ride market more than anyone else on the team as most of the team are heavily invested in the PWT and other huge contests. The more people that will potentially buy boats because of someone the more likely they will be sponsored and or kept( this goes for on and off the water). For instance Rathy is probably one of the most skilled and advanced rider today and that will influence people to buy the boat he is sponsored by but, when he portrays that he would rather ride behind Nicolas X star instead of his 230 in these vidoes. That makes the same people say WTF. Why am I buying this 230 when Rathy, the person who influenced me to buy it, chooses to ride behind an X star. I bet that person goes and buys teh X star over the 230 because of just that. It sucks that he got dropped but there must be a good reason. Maybe it was from the videos he was allowing to be posted blatently free riding behind a Mastercraft and leaving the 230 at the dock on his own free time( not like it was in a major video or practicing his PWT run). Most people can tell by the shape of the wake and rooster tail what boat they are riding behind but when there is an unnecessary screenshot of the mastercraft tower on the tow boat its kinda over kill. I know that when the 1260 went down most of the videos including the one put on Nautiques website cut out Chad Sharpe's VLX. Which was a smart move. I am in no way bashing Rathy or Nautique as I love the 230 and would get one in a heartbeat if I had the chance and I think Rathy is sick and a huge innovator. Anyway, sucks that happened. Hope everything works out.

(Message edited by eyekahn on October 22, 2009)

(Message edited by eyekahn on October 22, 2009)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-22-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Hey Aaron, if you are reading this... high five! If nothing else, can you feel the love? All these people really care about you and express it by talking about your personal life. You know you have arrived when conjecture of your life ignites controversy!! Well done Mr. Rathy, and best of luck in the future.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
/\/\...agreed.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
These are boats not wakeboards. You might by a $500 board because you like the pro rider but I don't know anyone who is sane going to be influnced to spend 50,000 because they sponser someone.

I would bet that 8 out of 10 people you ask could not name a single pro wakeboarders that their boat company sponsers.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-22-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
^^ especially not if they spell like that Jon!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
Sorry about that. That was pretty horrible.

What I was saying was that these athletes being great athletes does not equate to sales for the boat companies. Now if these athletes are great salesman that is a different story.