Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
'They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.

I can't even talk the way these people talk:

Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...

And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.

$500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2?

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from??

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.

I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.

Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..

We cannot blame the white people any longer.'
Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-26-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Bill Cosby is not a doctor. Nor should he be called a doctor. Doctors go to med school. He did not.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-26-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
And a lot of struggling college students/families are forced to pay a $10 per credit hour fee to fund "recruiting" them to their school.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Hmmm, I'm not sure he ever claimed to be a medical doctor. There are advance education/degrees that are titled Ph.D.

Article must have hit home if your reply was geared toward reducing the credibility of the author, rather than the message.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-26-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
from wikipedia: "In 1976, Cosby earned a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Massachusetts. For his doctoral research, he wrote a dissertation entitled, "An Integration of the Visual Media Via 'Fat Albert And The Cosby Kids' Into the Elementary School Curriculum as a Teaching Aid and Vehicle to Achieve Increased Learning".

so no, not all doctors go to medical school. you of all people should know that.
!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-26-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Bill Cosby is not a doctor. Nor should he be called a doctor. Doctors go to med school. He did not.
Old    bigdtx            10-27-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
I work with college edumacated white folk all day that don't speak the good engrish, can't reed gud, or rite the spelin words, but they muddle along.
Pretty sad actually.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Wow: As I read this I was saying NO WAY would Bill Cosby says these words. I had to Snopes it
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/cosby.asp
It's true. Wow some one high profile telling it like it is. God knows if you or I said that the w/w Resident Al Sharpton with be pulling out the Race Card!
That’s great that he can say these things, Question is do they fall on def ears. Can a speech like that inspire and provoke change? Bill Cosby has been all over people starting way back When Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy were doing stand up he had jokes about Bill Cosby asking them to do clean comedy.
I applaud him for his honesty
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-27-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Can Bill Cosby run for political office.? He gets my vote..
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-27-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
I was thinking about Oakland the other day. Oakland is a total mess. Lots and lots of human trash. Folks that will never/ever amount to anything.

So, why did this happen? What is it about black people in America? Why are they failing so bad?

IMO, its no longer about race. Its evolved to something much much worse.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
WOW the can of worms has been open.
What is it about black people in America? Why are they failing so bad?
Let me say this first. Not all black people are falling apart. GD's impression of Oakland I’m sure is not All of Oakland and Not All of Black people, but what he drove across or saw. There are parts of SF that are just as bad if not worse. I drive threw both city’s almost every day and I know exactly what your talking about.
I feel like the people you’re talking about are "Ghetto Rat's". IMO these are the people Black, White, Mexican Asian, Doesn’t matter race or color. These are the people that have opted or taken on the Thug Look or gangster style and or lifestyle. I’m not quite sure why people take on this Look or Lifestyle. It’s a dead end road and I don't know why people can’t see this? IMO this lesson needs to be taught.
EXAMPLE. I’m in the City last week. These 3 Black youths (18-24) years old were dressed and carried them self's in a manner that had "Bad New’s written all over them. What employer would hire them? They look scary and I’m sure people avoid and discriminate against them all the time. Furthering there dislike for main stream and, I’m sure they can feel they are not liked or wanted and this gives them a reason to hate back.
No employer is going to give them a chance. What are their Job Opportunity’s? Where can people like this work and integrate in to society? What’s strange and has been taught is that if you say “Those guys look scary and I don’t want anything to do with them” you’re labeled a racist or charged with discrimination? It’s not a Black or White thing. The same can be said for a Big Scary WHITE biker guy with tattoo's and a menacing look. People are going to avoid you and discriminate against you. And you’re going to know it. I don't care what you say. Even in a Liberal city like SF. I’m all for people being different. But you also have to acknowledge in a world where strangers remain stranger’s people who don't know you have only a few moments to size you up. If you look like bad news people are going to treat you as such. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but allot of time you don't have the time. Pit bulls have a reputation, I don’t walk up to a strange Pit-bull and start petting it like I would a Lab. WHY? Even though they are thousands of friendly loving pits and you could get attacked or bit by any strange dog I feel I have the right to discriminate. I’m not saying you have to "Fit in" please dress or carry yourself how ever you please. I’m saying we as a society have a standard don’t cry foul or descrimanation when you know your going against the grain of what is largely accepted. Don’t be surprised and cry foul because you fit the stereo type. You chose to dress and carry yourself the way do. You want to wear your pants around your ankles FINE, You want to have tattoo’s on your face FINE, You want to keep Yourself, Your House, Your Bank Account, Your car in, Your relationships in disarray FINE. You want to sell drugs because no one will hire you for the reasons I have listed above FINE. Don’t be surprised when people in the same situation are the only ones that will have anything to do with you.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-28-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
WOW the can of worms has been open.
What is it about black people in America? Why are they failing so bad?
Let me say this first. Not all black people are falling apart. GD's impression of Oakland I’m sure is not All of Oakland and Not All of Black people, but what he drove across or saw. There are parts of SF that are just as bad if not worse. I drive threw both city’s almost every day and I know exactly what your talking about.
I feel like the people you’re talking about are "Ghetto Rat's". IMO these are the people Black, White, Mexican Asian, Doesn’t matter race or color. These are the people that have opted or taken on the Thug Look or gangster style and or lifestyle. I’m not quite sure why people take on this Look or Lifestyle. It’s a dead end road and I don't know why people can’t see this? IMO this lesson needs to be taught.
EXAMPLE. I’m in the City last week. These 3 Black youths (18-24) years old were dressed and carried them self's in a manner that had "Bad New’s written all over them. What employer would hire them? They look scary and I’m sure people avoid and discriminate against them all the time. Furthering there dislike for main stream and, I’m sure they can feel they are not liked or wanted and this gives them a reason to hate back.
No employer is going to give them a chance. What are their Job Opportunity’s? Where can people like this work and integrate in to society? What’s strange and has been taught is that if you say “Those guys look scary and I don’t want anything to do with them” you’re labeled a racist or charged with discrimination? It’s not a Black or White thing. The same can be said for a Big Scary WHITE biker guy with tattoo's and a menacing look. People are going to avoid you and discriminate against you. And you’re going to know it. I don't care what you say. Even in a Liberal city like SF. I’m all for people being different. But you also have to acknowledge in a world where strangers remain stranger’s people who don't know you have only a few moments to size you up. If you look like bad news people are going to treat you as such. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but allot of time you don't have the time. Pit bulls have a reputation, I don’t walk up to a strange Pit-bull and start petting it like I would a Lab. WHY? Even though they are thousands of friendly loving pits and you could get attacked or bit by any strange dog I feel I have the right to discriminate. I’m not saying you have to "Fit in" please dress or carry yourself how ever you please. I’m saying we as a society have a standard don’t cry foul or descrimanation when you know your going against the grain of what is largely accepted. Don’t be surprised and cry foul because you fit the stereo type. You chose to dress and carry yourself the way do. You want to wear your pants around your ankles FINE, You want to have tattoo’s on your face FINE, You want to keep Yourself, Your House, Your Bank Account, Your car in, Your relationships in disarray FINE. You want to sell drugs because no one will hire you for the reasons I have listed above FINE. Don’t be surprised when people in the same situation are the only ones that will have anything to do with you.
Good post G. That is almost exactly how I feel.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-28-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
It also has a lot to do with what the consequences of failure are. IMHO the bottom of the barrel is not bad enough for these people to get up and do something about it. As long as you "Don't give a F***", in the US you get food, money, shelter, and healthcare and have no responsibility for yourself, others, economically, environmentally, or socially. If you grow up like that, how will you ever learn what it means to be a citizen? Which opens another can of worms.... why should people that rely solely on social programs be allowed to vote?

Someone very close to me grew up in an area where you could work 40-60 hrs a week, own a house and a car, pay you bills, and your next door neighbor could live the exact same lifestyle without the work part. That is a sad situation.

Last edited by alans; 10-28-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
It also has a lot to do with what the consequences of failure are.
That's the problem, there are no consequences to failure. You still get shelter, on the backs of the working class.. you still get fed, on the backs of the working class. People are rewarded for being useless/lazy.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
After reading again I realized I simply echoed your post, Alan.. sorry about that.

But dag nabbit... it's worth saying twice!