Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-11-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
Here are a couple of pics from our first floating slider "dance floor". We plan on adding more bracing and pvc sheeting for the surface. Also we will be adding a ramp onto the slider. The floor should end up about 2.5 ft off water and it is 16ft long without the front ramp. Would love for it to be longer but we have to see how this one goes over with the neighbors.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-11-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
dudeeee nice build. luckily, in most places, floating sliders can't be complained about (well they can) by neighbors. You can just justify it by it being the same as a water trampoline. If people are trying stunts on it, there's not much you can do. If you had planted it in the ground though, you could have issues. Anyways, looks sickk, enjoy it bro.

P.S. might not have been completely sober for this post... sorry if it's too over the top...
Old     (TheSarge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
ya.. thats pretty short but looks like you can add on fairly easy
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-12-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
Looks good man! Just make sure to get it anchored really tightly. We built one similar and due to poor anchoring, it was really unstable. But that thing looks like a blast!
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-12-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Where can you get some plans for something like this? Or do you just have to draw your own up?
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-12-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
This would be an awesome project to build on the off season
Old    PapaBProductions            09-12-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Don't go out and find plans. Thinking it up is half the fun. Whats the fun if everyone has the same slider? And that slider looks like it'll be awesome. perfect size to fit on a trailer was really smart

What do you use for the sliding surface. I cant find affordable sliddy material.
Old    mojo            09-12-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
i'd use pvc, but trex/fiberon is the best choice, but it's insanely expensive. the good thing is that it doesn't wear out.
Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-12-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
No real plans. Just looked at some other slider designs most being stationary, That is why we checked to see how it floated before we got into the big expense of the sheeting. We are planing on pvc sheeting unless someone else has a better idea.
Old    mojo            09-12-2010, 6:01 PM Reply   
i might have to build something just like this during the winter. i'll probably build it the same as yours. probably a 20' section for starters and if it works out right add another 15' or so. let us know how it works out.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-12-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
Looks fun! 2 questions.....Where is it? & Can I hit it when it's done? Haha. Post some pics when you get it covered.