Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
Check out the new portfolio site. I'm still working on it and will continue to update it. It was a class project and we had some requirements that had to be met. (12 blog posts in 2 days) So sorry for the nonsense blogs and such. Here it is, check it out and let me know what you think.
www.brettbrinkerhoff.com
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
My first impression - Nice colors, nice graphics but as soon as it loaded on my browser, I was hit with a huge paragraph of words. My eyes immediately went elsewhere to look for something less imposing. Take a look at wakeworld.com and other quality websites. Lot of information there but it comes in small snipets. Today's world is all about information short and fast. Let the reader click a link to learn more about you and not be the first thing they see. I know for some photographer and videographer sites, they showcase some of their galleries in the opening page and then have a "button" that you click to learn more about them.

But even there be choosy. Your description of yourself is very wordy. Seems more of a fluff piece and some wordsmithing can make it more readable.

I just worked on the first part to show you what I mean:

Welcome to the portfolio site of Brett Brinkerhoff. I graduated Scottsdale Community College Film institute and currently enrolled at Full Sail University. My main focus in school is Motion Graphics / 3D Animation and I have a background in film production.

Cinematography and videography is basically the same thing. But all three is film production or video production.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said there were some annoying requirements, one being a 1-2 paragraph about section above the fold on the home page. That is one of the first things that will be changed as I have more time. Thank you for the comments.