Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
I have had my Esclade EXT for a few months now. I have somthing like 3300 miles on it. I wanted to see what kind of gas milage I could get if I drove it real mellow. I drove from home to the Lake house 126 miles one way. I filled up and reset my trip meter and MPG meter and jumped on the freeway. I drove real mellow 65 mph the whole way. I was some what shocked to see I got 21.3 MPG by the time I reached my lake house. I guess they were not kidding when it said 19 Mpg on the window sticker. My father has the regular smaller Esclade. He side he was getting 21.8 Mpg on the freeway from SF to Sac town. Im pretty impressed that a huge all wheel drive SUV like mine could get that kind of Mpg. My last rig a Ford Harley Davidson F-150 was getting 14.5 Mpg Freeway. It makes the Esclade look like a Prius
Upload
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-29-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
sure, it will get good mileage at that driving speed. however, how often will you be driving that conservatively?? probably never again.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
grant, my 07 tahoe 4wd sucks at gas. I just drove from Tulsa to Winter Park Co and back, and averaged a whopping 15 mpg.

Wish I still had my Sequoia.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
Not so when I drive to the Lake I often drive pretty mellow. I easy get 18-19 Mpg going between 65-75. One thing that I noticed what makes a big differance is how you come on the power. If you are real mellow and dont hammer down trying to keep a sertan speed you can save the gas. Example when going up a long steep grade my milage would drop to 18 Mpg if you kept out of it but used just enought gas slowly to keep your speed. But if you slowed down and then decided you wanted to suddleny speed up going up hill and hammerd it your MPG drops to like 14-15 Mpg. So its less of how fast you drive and more on how you get to your speed.
Old    Ben Kerran            03-29-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
G-I don't know if I would say Prius, but pretty impressive none the less. That is the ramp my F-150 got stuck on pulling my boat out. Had to have my fat as#@#@ brother in the bed to get traction. I assume that is the ramp the HOA wants to limit to owners? BTW-hows the remodel going on the SAN?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Ben: Yes thats the steep ramp. My F-150 never had a problem at all and I launch my boat real deep. My boat is a DD not SAN so I dont know if that makes a differance when pulling out as far as traction. My boats comming right along BOOOOOOOM
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
grant, your truck is beautiful.

being a insurance agent, trust me I don't get on the gas hard. I try to baby it all the time. It seems like it never goes to the 4 cyl like they advertise.
Old    Ben Kerran            03-29-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
G-Can't wait to hear that bad boy.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
I have got a hand calculated 24 highway mpg on several occasions with my Dodge Ram 2500 QC w/ Cummins. You just have to keep your foot out of it, which is incredibly hard w/ a race chip. During normal driving, I average 16 mpg.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-29-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
i've done two things that each added 1mpg. i added a cold air intake and monitored the gas mileage, then i added a cat-back exhaust, for a net gain of 2mpg. i have never had it dynoed, but both advertise an increase in horsepower and torque. it might have helped a little, but it DEFINATELY sounds better.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-30-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
try calculating the MPG on paper -- bet it differs drasctically compared to what the display reads...just like when you floor it and it drops to 4mpg... they are not all that accurate...
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
When I floor mine it reads 1mpg, I think that's pretty accurate .
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-30-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
I figured one time that my mustang gets 3 gal. to the mile when it is floored!!! Good news is the fuel only cost 9-10 bucks a gallon but I love the smell of 116 octane!!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
I know. Its suck's to have a smaller lighter 2 wd that gets lower MPG than my 3/4 ton AWD Esclade. But thats the way it is Sorry.

Joe Mitchel has the same Rig. Hey Joe what kind of MPG can you pull out of your rig?