Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    wake_jumper_cbw            08-13-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Ok so here is the deall
I have tried a Tantrum many times, and always drop the handle. The last 3 times iv tried it i dont even get upside down and my rotation stops, and i bust my butt.(basicaly i land on my BACK HARD!!!)
So then i fig hey... why not a 360. So i tried it, }and as i spin im on axis, and it really looks good...... until i try to pass the handle i miss it and keep rotatin. So i land w/o the handle.
THENNNN i tried a backroll and i either land w/o the handle or i try to hold the handle and under rotate...... so the point im gettin to is
should i just commit to one or keep tryin them all..... im just so confused
O i can do a 360 and a tantrum on a trampoline so i just dont know i need some help!!!!!!!
Old     (wakerider23234)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-13-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
on the 360 you are proly trying to spin it off the wake you should pop off the wake and then once in the air you the handle to pull your self around and the handle pass will be alot easier.

i think on the tantrum if you just keep holding onto the handle it will prolly just bring you around.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
IMO: the back roll is the easiest out of those 3 tricks. I'd stick to that and keep hitting it. A good 50-60 attempts is not unreasonable to land your first invert.
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
I am not an expert on proper form and technique, but I can speak from my own experiences on these three tricks. I had similar problems with the Tantrum and figured out I was trying to throw the trick too early and was not getting the kick off the top of the wake. Try to wait a split second longer and throw this trick off the top of the wake. The same goes with the Back Roll, but keep the handle down and tight to your hip and hold on. I still struggle with the 360 but I think "riley c" nailed it.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-13-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
I actually learned hs3, ts3, and ts5 before I learned a backroll. Everyone does things different.
Old    murrayair            08-13-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
They key to the tantrum and the backroll is to have the correct edges for each. Use a trip-flip edge for the tantrum and a solid progressive for the backroll and they will start to come more naturally. For the 360, like Riley said, wait until you are well into the air before you start to spin it. 50-60 attempts seems a little high to me for learning inverts, but maybe it's just me. It took me about 20 tries for the backroll and the tantrum. The 360, for me, is the hardest of those tricks and can be brutal if you crash.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-13-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
alright the back roll is probably the only one i can help u with over the computer and it seems to be the one ur closest to. the reason your not getting all the way around is probably because your not pulling the handel to your front hip when you get up side down. so progressive edge into the wake, start your rotation like u normaly do and then when your upside down give the handel a good (two handed) pull to your front hip and that will help you get the rotation all the way around.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-13-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Taylor,

Don't take this the wrong way...but to me it seems like you are not commited to any of these tricks. You mention on all three that you don't have the handle. If you want to land a trick you have to have the handle. No trust me on this, I know that these tricks can be scary. I would do the same thing on backroll attempts, letting go of the handle and essentially stopping my rotation and landing on my head. The best thing you can do is hold on. It took me a long time to realize this, but it does hurt less. Same w/ the tantrum, I would let go of the handle and under rotate it.

I think that once you committ 100% to one of em' you will land it quicker than you think. I would go for the ole' backroll. Just hold that handle in and don't let go until you hit the water, and I bet you will land one in less than 25 attempts.

Mike
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
I agree with Mike. Once you dig in you must commit 100% and hold on. Under rotating can have some painful results.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
3/4 rotation of backroll to nutslap. not fun.