Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey it might be to late for many of you that have taken down your lights but I thought I would share a Light Storage holder I made with some stuff laying around.

I didn't want to buy or hang Christmas lights this year. I took the old ones out and as NORMAL only 1/2 of them worked. I was like F this Im done with Christmas lights. It's a scam. They only last a year or 2 before you have to throw them away because you cant find that one that broke and 1/2 the strand only lights up.

Well the problem is not rely the lights it More how you handle them. Taking them down and putting them up is not that bad its on them its more how your put them Away and store them. I used to roll them up and put them in a 5 gallon bucket. When you go to take them out they are all hooked on each other and stiff and you end up shooting your self in the foot trying to un tangle them. This is especially true with the Icicle style lights that I have.

So my Wife came home with some New LED icicle style lights and said "Their Ya Go" so I had some new LED lights that I had to hang ,and I decided to install some light weight metal hooks on the inside of the Eve's to hold the lights, Install time It took 20 or 30 more mins to install the lights, but the effort was well worth it. I had the lights down in like 2 min's.

So I decided to make a cheep Light hanger with some scrap I had laying around

I took a piece of 2X6 and cut some channel in it and installed some rubber hooks into the piece of wood and with in 5 min's I had a Christmas light hanger. As I took the lights down I rolled them into the hanger I made. And hung them up out of the way, Easy Pee-Zee,
Attached Images

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
We bought our current house just before Xmas last year. Not many of our Xmas lights made the move. Spent close to $600 on LED lights for this year (and going forward). Damn straight I put them away very carefully

Pretty cool though, I took a ~30ft tree in our backyard and coated it in white and blue LEDs with a matching white LED star at the top. Ran a cross fader controller deal and it would go from white to blue with the star, and then white+blue with the star, then cycle over. Pretty cool effect. Huge pain to get the lights back off after a recent wind storm. Figure next year I'll use the top of the same tree and then stakes spreading out in front of the tree. Create a triangle shaped tree with the same fading effects, and a lot easier to put up and take down.