Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
My Krypt board rack has the 1 5/8 tube mount. The rack with boards wants to rotate slowly after an afternoon run across the lake about 6 miles. What are others doing to prevent this. I don't want to over-tighten the clamp.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-14-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
You can get a piece of bike innertube and put it inside you clamp around the tower leg to make it a bit more sung. However you can't really over tighten the clamps. They need to be super snug.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
It came with a black rubber insert. I think maybe drilling through the bracket and tower and inserting a pin would work but I am hesitant to do that.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-14-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
I would sacrifice the innertube just to snug it up better and wrench down on the clamps.

Better than an unwanted hole in the tower.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
I still have room to crank down on my clamp but not much. Maybe I misunderstood, I'm not gaining anything unless you mean I should make it thicker and add the innertube over the insert correct???

I have a dead innertube on my workbench.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-14-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
Put the innertube on first, then the insert then the clamp. That should do the trick!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
Got it now, I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old     (dorK)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-14-2011, 3:19 PM Reply   
You could also linish where the clamp meets together. If you take 2-4mm off it will clamp on tight.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-18-2011, 7:28 AM Reply   
The problem is not being able to snug the clamp its the ability to tighten the bolts enough. I'm worried about shearing one.
Old     (dorK)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-18-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
You could also linish where the clamp meets together. If you take 2-4mm off it will clamp on tight, Hopefully without shearing the bolts.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
srock,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having mounting the clamp without slipping. Unfortunately, tubing size is not always the exact same throughout a tower; there are tubing size discrepancies throughout the tubing of every tower; I have personally seen up to 1/8". I have 2 options that can solve your slippage:

1. move it to a different spot that has a larger tubing diameter (usually not desirable).
2. wrap one time electrical/duct tape around the tubing (this will usually get the job done)

Ken Land
Bullet Lines/Krypt Towers

Last edited by bulletlines; 04-18-2011 at 2:52 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-19-2011, 4:37 AM Reply   
If if have space between the clamp halves I'm going to put a little more torque onto the clamp fasteners. If not I'll add tape. That may resolve the problem. I'll let everyone know but have to make a trip to the lake house first. Thanks.