Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-04-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
any one have any expierence on one. Owned, ridden? thanks
Old    mojo            07-04-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
planetnautique.com all the info you can imagine.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-04-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
thanks, I have been lurking there. Most of the info is skiers bashing the twc hull cause the ski wake is too big. Was looking for a wakeboarder's thoughts on it. Planetnautique has a silly amount of info on all nautiques. its nuts.
Old    mojo            07-04-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
all i can tell you is that if it's a nautique you won't be disappointed with it's wake or quality. i own one and know alot of other folks who have joined the family after owning other brands. what year are you talking about? if it's a d.d. just get one of those ballast seats for the rear and a fly high bow sac or int. bow sac for the front. i've been in nautiques ranging from the old 2001, to the 2000 year v-drives, up to the 2009's. all great.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-04-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. When we were looking for a boat, we considered the ProAir, but we were more interested in wakeboarding and surfing and not so much skiiing, so we went with the SAN. I'm definitely happy with what we purchased. If you ski and wakeboard/surf, I'd try and ride behind both the Pro Air Nautique and the basic Air Nautique. I've heard the TWC hull makes a difference in the type of wake it throws.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-04-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
I own one and absolutely love it! If you weight it the wake is awesome, the slalom wake is a little big but not too bad. Surf wake is great too! No complaints about the boat at all.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-04-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
It is the boat I first wakeboarded behind 2000 model year. with weight it made a nice wake. It was a little small as far as room 4-5 people it got crowded quick. Biggest problem was the gauges went out on it every year.It was a friends boat and he was constantly having to replace the gauges. GT40 motor was great.
Old    mojo            07-04-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
the teleflex gauges went out a lot. most replaced with analog ones once this happened. if it has perfect pass and gauges have been replaced you can get hours there. get a compression test before you buy. the gt40 is a great motor. it gets more accolades than any other i've heard about.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-04-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
The thing that I am liking about it is the fact that it SHOULD not need 2000 lbs ballast. The hull helps create wake, so not as much weight is needed. Is that right?
Old    mojo            07-04-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
yes and no. even in today's boats like the x-star and new 210, etc to get THE MOST out of the wake more than 2000lbs is required. you are going to be throwing a massive wake that many won't be able to handle. the thing is you do not have to use that much weight. you can ride behind an outboard boat w/ no weight and still throw lots of tricks. however, many people simply do not understand the fact that more weight to an extent creates a much nicer wake than a lesser weighted boat. example of my boat when wanting a massive wake: 2005 sante: stock ballast, wedge sacs in the rear(400 each) and fly high bow sac(about 900-1000) and 200 in lead in the bow. with just a driver the wake is beyond spectacular, or a couple passengers is nice too. i can also be happy simply filling the ballast and throwing a 400 on the floor parallel to the rear seat. it just depends on your skill level. with bigger wakes you get more amplitude and use less energy, but increase chances of getting hurt i.e. faster speed and greater height.