Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-02-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
It was the 1st substantial buck that had been killed all year at my bro inlaws camp.
7 point about 180-200 Lbs

Upload
Upload
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Right on man, congrats!

What did you take it with?
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-02-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
a 243...

I shot him on Saturday.... and I was going to go to another field Sunday if nobody picked it... but it got picked... they guy there got a 8 point but he chased it in the woods and lost him.... He would have laid down and died so we could find him... but he kept pushing him back.

I was telling my bro inlaw... there would have been some pissed off people there at the camp if I had gotten that buck too!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-02-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
Congrats man. Are you gonna shoulder mount it?
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
What was your distance with the 243?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-02-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
Good deer. The .243 is a fun caliber to shoot that still rips the vitals up.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-02-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
naaa... the head is still in the back of my truck. I'm just going to put it on a ant hill and let them strip it...

I might have been 125 yards maybe a little less.

I shot him in both lungs....bullet win in and out.... I did not want to ruin the meat in the shoulder area.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
243 is my favorite round. Power with little recoil. Lots of fun!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
I might have been 125 yards maybe a little less.

...you rifle guys sure have it easy!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
First pic...that's a lung shot?

Not picking on your take, it's awesome no matter what. Just noticing that it looks a little far back for the lungs.

In our group, we would calling BS around the campfire on that shot placement as intentional to save meat. Of course, we would all just be jealous it wasn't our deer...just sayin. :-)
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2010, 9:57 PM Reply   
Nice buck! Congrats!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-03-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
yea nate..... it was lungs. Your right though, it does look like it was gut shot... but it wasn't. That mark you see is a scar from where he had been fighting. It was a nice gash in his side. If you look in the second picture, you can see where it looks like the hair is wet and laid down.... It looked to me like he was licking it after I shot him... well... the entry was all the way to the right of where he was licking.

About 4 weeks ago was my 1st time ever hunting and my bro in law killed a doe.... he hit it in the shoulder and none of the meat was good.... I aimed back behind the shoulder a little and ended up a few inches back farther than I had wanted... but it all worked out... and didnt turn into a gut shot.... so I was happy!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-03-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
I really enjoyed the whole experience and it makes me want to get a 4 wheeler again.... I sold mine about 4-5 years ago to start up my business. I just wish I had enough time to justify being a member of a camp.