Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Hi guyz id like to know what the size of garage i need for my malibu exactly to fit and to pass the garage door in width, height and lenght. Im looking to buy a new house and i want to be sure.

thanks
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
I've got an 09 V-Ride and can get it into a door slightly under 7' on an extreme trailer with low profile tires. A little work though...I have to remove the spool on the tower, lower the trailer jack all the way and push it in by hand. Clears by about a 1/4". My garage door is about 105" wide and I have to remove the racks to get it in with a little over an inch of clearance on each side.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
Get an 8' door and you'll be set, anything under that is a bunch of work. On an extreme trailer min was about 7'8" without having to do anything to major getting it in.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-28-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
Greg, you should get the Titan lift off racks.
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-29-2009, 5:44 AM Reply   
It would be more trouble but you can always let some of the air out of your tires to get it in and out of the door if it is close. You can probably get 2"-4" that way.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-29-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
Mine clears an 8' door with a little to spare. Length is not a problem for me in my garage anymore, but I have had it in a 22' garage with it kick over at an angle swim deck off and no folding tongue.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
With the low ride option from Extreme you can get it in a 7' high door.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-29-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
malibudude, how much does that option cost and what else is required to squeek under a 7ft header? just curious. do you know from personal experience or know anybody who's done it? again, i always assumed it wouldn't work with a 7ft door.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Not sure what the cost is, but Extreme or your dealer could get you a quote on that. I have to take off all the racks, but the tow eye on the Illusion stays on. Mine BARELY fits. If you have another brand of trailer things may be different.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
Bruce, read my first post and it will answer most of your questions...09 V-ride is the same hull as 05-08 VLX.

VLX Envy, lift off racks may be in the future!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-29-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
I recently checked on the lowrider option from extreme and it was $1,200.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
Bruce,

Something is different between our setups because I don't need to remove the tow eye. Are you on a Ryan or Extreme trailer?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
malibudude he has an X1.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-30-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
hey greg is your driveway entry flat, or up to or down to in any way? the illusion x folds foward right? so a slight incline up to the garage would help, right? got any trim/molding under the header? i'm just shy of 7ft with molding. what's the total length with tounge folded and platform off?

/edit oh and do you have to worry about bumping the prop guard with the low profile trailer option?

(Message edited by brucemac on April 30, 2009)
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-30-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Bruce, I have a very slight incline as you enter the garage...very slight. With the molding I have just under 7' of clearance. Tower does fold forward. I can fit mine in the garage by folding the tongue only...don't have to remove the swim step so I'm not sure on length. With a power wedge in the down position,tongue folded, swim step off I would guess you might be a shade over 22 1/2'. I have hit he prop cage a couple of times, but it's been pretty rare. I just watch how I enter/exit parking lots etc.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-30-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Nu Bu,

I must have clicked on Greg's profile instead.

I do need to remove the swim platform because of the cabinets, otherwise I could leave it on. I also have slight incline on my driveway that requires me to angle diagonally in and out to avoid dragging the prop guard. Why not just remove the molding to make it fit easier. Mine is sooo close that I can only slip a piece of paper in between the tow ball and the garage frame.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-30-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
thanks greg, wonder what it is with the illusion x?