Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-14-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
I was just wondering is anyone have ever wakeboarded behind one of these or is it just for sking. Thank you
Old     (mnwake476)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
its do able but it has almost no freeboard so you can't load it up to much. also with ballast space is at a premium.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-14-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
I have a malibu response. It is a little larger than the sportster. The sportster is really small. The response when weighted and wedged throws a good wake. It also throws an awesome slalom ski wake if that is your thing. Ours is for sale if you are interested.
Old     (trippin132)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
i have a 00 sportster and bought it specifically to board behind. i run 2x250L sacs, one either side of the engine and about 100L in the nose.
drop the wedge and good times. not much room as has been said, but pull the back seat out and with only 3-4 people it is all good.
it obviously wont be a huge wake but for a 20' centremount they pump out a very respectable wake. here is a photo with the weight above,
75' rope and about 22mph.
Upload
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-14-2007, 11:08 PM Reply   
sweet thanks guys. because i want a tournament boat of some sort, just something in my price range
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-16-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
Great boat, as stated above little room, but it will through a good wake.
Old    swass            05-16-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
I, too, have a Response (your boat, but a little bigger). To be candid...I'm not a big fan of my wake. The shape is OK, but it gets waaaaaay too wide \ / at 65+ feet. I hate that.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Swass you have one kick arse slalom wake though ;). The Sportster has the SV23 hull and the Response has the SV23 Diamond hull. The only real difference I notice between the two is that the Response wake is much softer. The Sporty can be like hitting a wall at times.

I have an '03 Sporty and I love that boat. With the Monsoon 335 it's the undisputed hole shot king. Yes, no storage at all and it's pretty cramped with ballast bags in it but it throws a pretty good wake for a boat its size with the wedge down.
Old    swass            05-17-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Yep, the slolom wake is world-class. I don't even own a ski, and I've pulled a skier a grand total of twice. Both said it was the best wake they've ever skied. I was so happy for them. lol.
Old     (nebwake)      Join Date: May 2007       05-21-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
i have an 03' with a titan 3 and 400# up front 600# inplace of the rear seat and the manual wedge, no prob. with inverts, raleys are better behind my buddys x1 though but no double ups with that much weight youll bring water over the bow, a friend of mine took a regional slalom championship last year behind his 02 sporty, great boats for the minimalist