Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-03-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
I have a Canon 30D. I want to know if I need to download Canon 30D CSpro software to sharpen the image if I already have Photoshop. I'm trying to avoid the mistake of downloading software I don't need. Also, it's worthy to mention, I'm new to the photography and editing hobbies.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-03-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
I like the FM plug-ins and photokit (pk) sharpener works great as well but the smart sharpener built into CS2 is all you need if you take the time to learn it.

CSPro is great because it uses masks and some other intelligent actions and gives pretty good results without needing too much knowledge. If you're shooting jpegs the camera really does most of the sharpening (unless you're using the faithful picture style). I've never been a big fan of in camera sharpening, best to shoot RAW and use smart sharpen, CSPro or one of the other good edge sharpeners out there after you process the RAW image.

The general sharpener and edge sharpener built into Aperture's RAW processor are unbelievably dialed in, the RAW photo just pops off the page with std settings.
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-03-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
so you use both CSpro and Photoshop to sharpen?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-03-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
I have CSPro for the 1D and 20D but I pretty much use just Aperture now for all my RAW conversions.