Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Hello everyone,
I'm looking at the '06 X-1 with the standard cruise control . . . can any of you pass along opinions, good or bad, about the stock cruise? I've tried Malibu's cruise control, and thought it was fine. How does MC's cruise compare to BU's? Are they similar? . . . Unfortunately, I've never had the privilege of trying Perfect Pass.
Thanks in advance for any opinions given.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
It is very similar as far as performance. The Malibu display is a little bigger. That is about the only difference, other than the fact that you can set the Mastercraft on the fly.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response Matt. With the BU cruise, you can preset the desired speed and then hit the throttle and the cruise will take over from there. Does the MC cruise work the same way? Or, must you first get the boat to your desired speed, and then set the cruise? (similar to a car?)
Thanks again.
Old     (ll600)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-22-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Barret - I understand it's just like a car - you have to get to the speed first.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-22-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
No, you don't. Just hit the throttle, and go. ... Although I would recommend, that as the boat speed increases, you let off on the throttle a little, so the speed control doesn't over shoot the desired speed by too much.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Mastercrafts speed control works perfectly on that hull. I weigh my X2/X1 don heavy a the MC sped control keeps it dead on. Robb is right though. If you over shoot the speed to far, the rider has to hang out for about 10-20 seconds while the boat recovers.

Also, you can not speed up the boat unless you back off first to unlock, then you can hammer a tight turn.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-22-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Hey Robb, do you have any experience driving an X1 or something?

MC cruise rocks, I would not spend a penny more on Perfect Pass... in fact I would aruge MC cruise it is better. The only annoyence is reminding riders in my crew to turn it on when starting the boat when I am in the water. Unlike perfect pass it shuts off when you stut the motor off.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
Good news to me, thanks for the help everyone.