Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    rea_litycheck            10-15-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
I just want to wish all those riding for the US team good luck in the competition these next couple of days. And I mean really riding for the US team. Did y'all know that when you ride independent, you are actually riding against the US riders? So if any points are scored, they are actually taking away from the chances of the American riders. This is what happened last year with the AWA team. They missed out on the gold medal because of an independent rider from the United States. I know for a fact that this little detail is-was well known abut by some of the independents. It was an attempt to make the AWA team pay dearly for not selecting the "right" riders to represent the US.
And to answer some of the posts on if I were not good enough to be selected to go, or my child was not good enough, or didn't I have enough money?? I could have had the whole trip paid for by my Father as well, but still wouldn't have. I want the USA team to win and would not go because it could have a negative effect on my US team. The team chosen to represent America!
So on that note, GO TEAM USA!
Mr Conway, I am truly sorry to hear about your sons injury. I can only imagine how disappointed your whole family must be. I hope that someday, I can meet the both of you at a tournament. Based on what I read on wakeworld, you bring respect to the sport of wakeboarding.
Does anybody think this is ironic that even though the man from Jersey is in Europe, I am sitting here in my villa, watching the leaves change in the beautiful United States, type, type, typing away? For somebody who is so interested in seeing their childrens dreams achieved, you sure do it in a funny way. By attacking one of the pioneers of the sport. And from what I have seen and heard, one of the nicest guys in wakeboarding. Mr B, I am sorry that you were drug into this little soap opera, I hope that one day you can look back on this and laugh. Just remember sir, that it has nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with the adult leaders of this mob mentality. I personally am honored that they feel that I could articulate myself in a way that could even be compared to you. Again, I am so sorry.
I do have a question....now that you have irked my curiosity. What is it about a persons' two cents that invokes such a rage in people to make them want to go after a persons livlihood,kick somebodys ass, and basically ruin somebodys' life? Does somebodys' ass need to be kicked because they don't necessarily like the way you operate?? Please, the original posts just asked a question and nobody would have even understood what I was referring to until you had to make such a huge issue of it. Do you think so highly of yourselves that you are known in the mainstream? Well, you are now I suppose being who you chose to go to war with.
I clarified in both posts that it was a matter of my personal opinion, and yet, you have all these people out trying to find out who I am, so you can ruin me and kick my ass? Your children were not mentioned by anybody except you and your wife, is that a pattern with you? Justify your ego getting worked and the anger that ensues by hiding behind your kids?? Hello Dr Phil? Listen closely and you will hear the cheers and high fives of people cheering that somebody is }actually telling you what everybody thinks. You are a nice man, you just need to simma down nah. There is still hope for your childrens dreams to be achieved, simma dahn nah, simimimim,simimim, simmimim, simma dahn nah!
It is everybodys right to agree or disagree with somebody else. It is our constitutional right to voice our opinions whether they are politically correct or not. I wish you no harm, I wish your kids nothing but the best and I think that could be achieved if you just stay out of it and simma dahn nah!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is not a team sport. May the best man win. It's really as simple as that.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-15-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
i quit reading after sentence 3 and I looked at the handle.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
Ree-alitycheck,
Man that was some speech. Have you not been sleeping lately or what? Has it kept you up at night so much that you had to get that little disertation of your chest. Please dont give parenting tips to other people. From what I read he is just helping his kids out in a way most parents would love to. Hell, if I didnt have to work everyday, I would spend every minute with my kids and would help them live thier dream.

Dont bring everybody else into this. If this is between you and Mr R or who ever it is. E-mail him directly and leave all of us out of it. Lose your holier-than-thou attitude about parenting until you become one. There has to be something more important to you in this would other than this subject..

And 1 more thing, if an independant rider scores higher in the contest than a US representitive then who's at fault? the rider who wasnt picked or the oeganization that didnt pick them? Great riders perform thier best under pressure, and thats what separates the great from the good.
Best of luck to all.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
To each his/her own. I would advise everyone out there to make their own decisions / opinions based on actual interraction with people, not ramblings on a discussion board, not rumors or talk from third parties. This is not a popularity contest, or game show, this is wakeboarding. Remember FUN????

Sounds like everyone needs to chill. Don't worry about anyone else, just yourselves. People are smarter that they have been given credit for, can make their own decisions, form their own opinions about others. Genuine people will get figured out, as well as the drama queens.

WOW, all this after a 72hr shift.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-15-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Oh, the politics of wakeboarding.

I'm guessing the most important thing in the world right now to mister Reality Check is winning the gold. Take a deep breath and be grateful for what you have.
Old    lunaraven            10-15-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
I personally dont care what country a riders from.
Most of the pro riders are American correct?
Individual sports rarely get the nationalist feelings going unless its in the Olympics.
Like Tennis, I'm sure the cute Ruskies Kournikova and Sharipova have a lot of American fans. Just thinking bout it makes me need to simma dahn nah, simma dahn...
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Who is on the US Team?
Old    swass            10-15-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
What in the world was that diatribe all about?????

(Message edited by swass on October 15, 2004)
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sorry must have been a bad batch of beer I do not no what I am talking about
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
Never mind my comment
Old    imac            10-15-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
Man, Are we at it again. First I have to say that no one is looking for a fight. There is no one looking for any altercations. All I personally ask is if you have an issue with someone, go to them and discuss it. Don't post it. Give them a chance to respond to your issues.
I am sure that you REALITYCHECK are not a perfect person. But should that people that have an issue with you go behind your back telling everybody. No, it should be addressed personally. The way you are going about this is far from correct. There many choice words that I have, but what good is that going to do. I am not trying to add to the fire, but yet put it out.
You don't realize this but your postings are affecting the kids, And like you say you don't want to hurt them, that you want nothing but the best for them. Well you not helping your just making matters worst.
You have attacked my team, my kids, my friends. Why? Come out of the closest and discuss this in a man to man matter. Again no violence, thrust me your not worth it. I want to clearify things, and talk things out instead of creating this Havek.

I ask you to contact me, I'll give you my number. So we can discuss this. If you don't want to fine, but I will ask you to stop with your negative comments about my friends, my riders, my team. They haven't done anything to you, they don't owe you a thing. So stop!

This sport to me was fun, but I have to admit that this person (REALITYCHECK) has tainted it for me. I hope that this either gets cleared or it just dies. It needs to stop.

To all else, Thank you for your support. It is unfortunate that we have to deal with situations like this. And for no reason.
I have nothing but respect for Mr. R and his family. Which they are very dear to me. I love them and everything that they stand for. Mr. R has done nothing but supported and helped out everybody around him. How can someone have an issue with that? He does not owe anybody anything, but yet everybody that knows him owes him. Is it funny that that person that REALITYCHECK is talking about has not said a word. Wow.
Hey if Mr. B. was brought into this. I appoligize if he has nothing to do with it. But it just doesn't seem to be that way. A little clearification would help, don't you think? So tell us who is involved?

GO TEAM USA, AND GO TO THE RIDERS OF TEAM HAVEK FOR REPRESENTING. THRUST ME IF I HAD THE TALENT, I WOULD BE IN SPAIN COMPETING.
By the way just for clearification. The organization who puts on the event. Wants as many riders as possible, and they as well as Team USA wants all riders to compete even if it is against them. Don't bag on a competitor that is competing at the top of his level. Its not his fault if they are able to compete as individuals who are representing their country. If you want to do something about it talk to the people throwing the event for not having it closed for just teams. Or go talk to the Directors of Team USA for not having the top riders in the country on the team. Put please don't go after the riders that are fulfilly their dreams. They all deserve a right to complete, and we all owe it to them to support them. I hope thats the riders don't find out about his discusion, they would questioned why are they there.

See your right everyone is intitled to there own opinion, but as you can see your opinion is not the same as others.

Mac
Old    hollybolly            10-15-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
When you are passionate about a something in your life and you love what you are doing, then you seize every opportunity and chase after a dream with all your might. I have known a couple of these independent riders for their entire lives and that is what they are doing. Chasing after a dream they are determined to acheive and make a reality. This is yet another step towards that direction.
As to what I am aware of, if an independent rider wins the gold, the our national anthem is still played. At that point, the USA still comes out on top..... And with that point, when did it become about win win win and not about having a good time, a good ride, and good friends surrounding and supporting EVERYONE.
IF THE AWA WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE INDEPENDENT RIDERS "TAKING" ALL THE POINTS FROM THE "SELECTED TEAM USA", I THINK THAT THE INVITATION FOR INDEPENDENTS TO GO AND RIDE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN EXTENDED.
All these kids, everyone riding over in Spain right now hove sacrificed so much.... A normal childhood, easier grades in school, sleep, a life.... Lets sit back and admire that commitment, passion, and dedication to a dream they have had and are in the middle of persuing.
Let us applaud all of the efforts that their coaches, families, and team members make on their behalfs in order to further the sport. If one is in a position to advertise or commentate on the sport, I would think you would applaud the efforts of ALL involved.

Old    mrbig540_            10-16-2004, 1:33 AM Reply   
WOW--REE Ality, did you finally get a day off from the daily grind? I thought your vindictive nature had left wakeworld as quickly as it came to us.

Mr. B-I know you have more hope for the future of wakeboarding then these posts.

Wakeboarding is a growing, kickass sport. And any riders that are willing to support grass root comps and also travel across the world to ride on thier own dime to ride for our country is nothing but admirable! Thank You!! You make us proud.

Ree Ality, I'm glad that you've hidden behind this identity that you created just to slam other riders. As you know, these riders are the future of wakeboarding.

God forbid, you place this anger and judgement on others--I'm sorry that you have to look in the mirror each day to see the life you are creating for those around you. I would say "those you love" but you are too volitile, angry and jealous for that reference.

USA Team--GO BIG!! We are proud of you! And if you were not part of the "chosen" team--Thank You for representing the US! I wish there were more champion riders there with you to carry on. Thank you for your dedication!

Chase

ps- RC , I dont know who you are--but every post after yours on both links seem to not support your perspective. Take note on whats right and what's wrong. It's obvious.
Old    jayebaye            10-17-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Looks like SOMEBODY needs to do a "Ree Alitycheck"!!! Exactly what rock do you live under?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-18-2004, 5:34 PM Reply   
Alright! It's good to see the free exchange of ideas and beliefs amid the wakeboarding community is still alive and well! At times misused, but alive and well nontheless.

I just wanted to go on record disassociating myself with any previous posting on any subject matters in the last, oh, say, year or more in this message room. Ree Ality check isn't a new entity in here: the anonymous poster poking people wiht a sharp verbal stick hoping to generate a reaction. And like the historians say, if we fail to remember history we are doomed to repeat it. How many times has an anonymous poster raised the ire of an individual or group? Then comes the responses back and forth, heated terse exchanges, and finally, after about two weeks, the thing dies altogether. I assure Dave William's (wake) world would be much more conflict free if people would just battle their initial inclination to respond to the veiled aggressors.

The only thing I'm bummed about is the personal attacks Anthony Racinelli has directed at me. For those who don't know, Mr Racinelli feels I may be the anonymous poster Ree Ality check. I am not Ree Ality and I will let my reputation I've established over the last eight years to support my statement.

However, Anthony, whom I had a friendly relationship with for a number of years, saw it fit to begin a campaign to affect my employment in the wakeboarding industry. While I never heard directly from Anthony until I contacted him, several people who I greatly respect gave me first hand accounts of the venom Mr Racinelli was sending my way, and it was awfully offensive.

Again, I've worked hard in this industry and my employment would never be affected by a disgruntled parent's complaints about a nonsensical Website posting. I do, however, want it to be clear that I am disgusted with Anthony's intended plan to affect my professional career over SOMETHING I HAD NO INVOLVEMENT WITH, not to mention of little worldly significance. Isn't there more to life than a crusade to gain reprisal against an anonymous posting? If this still strikes you as an important life goal, make sure you get the right target before you make an ass out of yourself.

Mac Macaroni, you are asking Ree Ality to be straight with you, to contact you man to man to discuss this situation. I think it's funny that the same request you make of reality neither you nor Anthony afforded me before the bashing began. While I contacted you via email and Anthony directly by phone to state my non involvement, but you still seem to hold onto the notion I am involved. Well, as it says in your post, I will accept your apology and hope you can now see the light. And I hope you can leave the hypocracy behind. Be a man of your word.

And while I don't respect anonymous postings, I do like Ree Ality's writing style. That's what good writing does-illicit reaction. But like I said, it's up for the rest of us to size up the author and put a value on a need to respond. Anonymous posts are rarely used to pile on praise. It's easier said then done, but what a more value tool wakeworld could become if we didn't feed the fire of anonymous posters.

But as it is, wakeworld already the best site on the net for the wakeboarding community. Mad props to Dave Williams for keeping the dream alive and contributing to the global wakeboarding community.

As for my responding here and keeping the fire alive, I am using this forum as a means of last resort. As I said, I contacted the aoforementioned parties and told them I was not Ree Ality check. After hearing from sooooooo many people of the smack being talked and being mentioned in this string as recently as two days ago, I am doing this in an effort to disconnect myself from further inclusion. I'm now going back to my real world of raising kids and playing fantasy football while I await the 2005 season. Go Eagles!!!!!!

Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-18-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Alright! It's good to see the free exchange of ideas and beliefs amid the wakeboarding community is still alive and well! At times misused, but alive and well nontheless.

I just wanted to go on record disassociating myself with any previous posting on any subject matters in the last, oh, say, year or more in this message room. Ree Ality check isn't a new entity in here: the anonymous poster poking people wiht a sharp verbal stick hoping to generate a reaction. And like the historians say, if we fail to remember history we are doomed to repeat it. How many times has an anonymous poster raised the ire of an individual or group? Then comes the responses back and forth, heated terse exchanges, and finally, after about two weeks, the thing dies altogether. I assure Dave William's (wake) world would be much more conflict free if people would just battle their initial inclination to respond to the veiled aggressors.

The only thing I'm bummed about is the personal attacks Anthony Racinelli has directed at me. For those who don't know, Mr Racinelli feels I may be the anonymous poster Ree Ality check. I am not Ree Ality and I will let my reputation I've established over the last eight years to support my statement.

However, Anthony, whom I had a friendly relationship with for a number of years, saw it fit to begin a campaign to affect my employment in the wakeboarding industry. While I never heard directly from Anthony until I contacted him, several people who I greatly respect gave me first hand accounts of the venom Mr Racinelli was sending my way, and it was awfully offensive.

Again, I've worked hard in this industry and my employment would never be affected by a disgruntled parent's complaints about a nonsensical Website posting. I do, however, want it to be clear that I am disgusted with Anthony's intended plan to affect my professional career over SOMETHING I HAD NO INVOLVEMENT WITH, not to mention of little worldly significance. Isn't there more to life than a crusade to gain reprisal against an anonymous posting? If this still strikes you as an important life goal, make sure you get the right target before you make an ass out of yourself.

Mac Macaroni, you are asking Ree Ality to be straight with you, to contact you man to man to discuss this situation. I think it's funny that the same request you make of reality neither you nor Anthony afforded me before the bashing began. While I contacted you via email and Anthony directly by phone to state my non involvement, but you still seem to hold onto the notion I am involved. Well, as it says in your post, I will accept your apology and hope you can now see the light. And I hope you can leave the hypocracy behind. Be a man of your word.

And while I don't respect anonymous postings, I do like Ree Ality's writing style. That's what good writing does-illicit reaction. But like I said, it's up for the rest of us to size up the author and put a value on a need to respond.

Anonymous posts are rarely used to pile on praise. It's easier said then done, but what a more value tool wakeworld could become if we didn't feed the fire of anonymous posters.

But as it is, wakeworld already the best site on the net for the wakeboarding community. Mad props to Dave Williams for keeping the dream alive and contributing to the global wakeboarding community.

As for my responding here and keeping the fire alive, I am using this forum as a means of last resort. As I said, I contacted the aoforementioned parties and told them I was not Ree Ality check. After hearing from sooooooo many people of the smack being talked and being mentioned in this string as recently as two days ago, I am doing this in an effort to disconnect myself from further inclusion.

I'm now going back to my real world of raising kids and playing fantasy football while I await the 2005 season. Go Eagles!!!!!!

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-18-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
Jeff Barton for President!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for setting it straight, JB.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2004, 11:26 PM Reply   
Ree Alitycheck - I may have never met you, and you may not know me, but I would like to ask you a favor. Would you please tell us who you are? Believe it or not, that would be an awesome thing to do on your behalf. There have been accusations made, and many people are caught in the middle, trying to find a way out. You are the only way. Out of respect for Mr. Barton, out of respect for honest riders, riders that have done no harm but are now caught in the middle, I am begging you, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us know who you are. Thank you.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 18, 2004)
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-19-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
Go Lightning!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-19-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Jeff,
I dont think the punk will ever fess up.

Here is my Oliver Stone Theory. I believe that this Realitycheck guy is very closely tied to someone who is/was on the team USA that went to Spain. It makes sense that they would be threatened by some of the independant riders that may be better than them but that were not picked to be on the team. Like everything in life "Politics" are and will always be involved in decision making. Unfortunatly this has caused someone to express their true feelings about someone else(mr. R) who might not have known that this person really didnt like him. Politics in selection sucks but it is Reality ( no pun intended !!!!!!!!, OK a little). It happens with Major league All Stars, NBA All Stars and the like. Yes, they are pissed when they dont get selected, but the more defining part for those people is what they do after the fact. Do they fold up thier tent and Whine or do they get better and go out and try to prove the selection committee made a mistake without being spiteful. I for one would try to prove my worth and let people know that they made a mistake by not picking me. I am obviously not talking wakeboarding right now cause I suck at that compared to most of you.
So in my opinion if it was an open competition ( like it was in Spain) to each his own.
I didnt hear any body complaining when American citizens went over to Greece to play Sports for Greece in the Olympics. I didnt hear one US athlete or organization cry foul when this happened.

Competition brings out the best and the worst of everybody,

The question is what does it bring out in you??????

JB,
Stay strong. You are at the top of your game in broadcasting and I enjoy your commentary when it is on TV. Just remember when your at the top evryone is looking at taking you down.

I can remember meeting you when we went out to Laughlin 1998 for the old Magazine and Photoshoot. Back when Ike was just getting on the scene. I had no business being there and yet you welcomed me with open arms and treated me very well. In fact all the guys there were cool. Played Blackjack all night with Sayer, Seagren, the boys from Krown. Enjoy the family and Good luck with your Eagles. They have a great shot at it this year!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-19-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
I like big butts.

I cannot lie.
Old    gotwakesvl            10-22-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
I've been trying to keep up with this Jerry Springer show for a couple of weeks between school and work and it just keeps getting better. The longer this goes on the more people get dragged into it. When's it gonna stop??? When both sides and a few bystanders are ruined?? Realitycheck might just win for b!tch move of the year...thats a given, but at some point someone has to act like an adult and put an end to this. I mean, it's like high school all over again. He said this, she said that. Granted I would be super pissed if I were Mr. Racinelli, but there comes a time when you just have to say Realitycheck isn't worth it. For all we know he's some jealous never was who's rubbin one out to all the drama he's caused. We all know Realitycheck's our little girl and lets leave it at that before people make even bigger asses out of themselves. Just go out and ride and forget the drama. I for one can think of better things to do in my spare time...hhmmm didn't Mammouth just open yesterday?!? I'm out.

(Message edited by gotwakesvl on October 22, 2004)