Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    laanis            07-07-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
Popped down my local lake (Thorpe park) yesterday tried out a few boards inc the CJB Tattoo and the Obrien Custom, loved the Custom felt alot more lively and faster than the tattoo. On the downside the Custom only has single fins which i guess will cause me probs if i decide to use the sliders and kickers soon, guess triple smaller ones or moulded are way to go?
SO the guy recommended the Obrien Oasis, anyone out there recommend anything else or have this board?

tia
Old    shanny            07-07-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
check out wat ppl say on the board on this site heres the link
http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard5.asp?ProductID=2291
Old    laanis            07-07-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Thanks for that but there's no real reviews there, well one comment, wondered if there were more people here. I tested the CWB Tattoo and liked it but it felt like it tracked almost too well, i seemed to instantly take to the Obriend Custom 142 but i see the Oasis features a 3stage rocker system will i notice less speed and that same feeling as the tattoo, i can carve well and switch but still am relatively inexperienced help!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
Are you a new wakeboarder?
Old    laanis            07-07-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Relatively new i started last year at my local cable park, obviously found the basics easy as im exp windsurfer.
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
The oasis is a great board. I demoed one a few weeks
ago. It isn't the fastest board but it is really fun to ride.
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
the oasis is the same board as the older cobes. check out the reviews.
}http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard3.asp?ProductID=1420
Old    laanis            07-07-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Many thanks Nathan, bit more of an insight, i guess im undecided about chosing the Oasis or the Science as i enjoyed the speed of the custom with its continous rocker but with a single fin on the custom it's restricting on the kickers? Whereas as the science has 3fin setup. Ummm maybe ill have to just try them both, anyway own a Science here?!
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-07-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
The Science is very similar to the Custom - the bottom channels are a slightly different shape, the rocker is tweaked a bit, but the biggest difference is the 3-fin vs 1-fin setup. In other words if the custom had 6 fins (don't try to do this it's not set up for 6 fins internally) you would probably think it rode just like the Science.

If you are thinking about removing the fins to hit kickers the Oasis is the way to go. The Oasis is still very rideable without the center fin while the Science would be more challenging.