Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (troynautique)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-09-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
Wrapping my boat with a 3M impulse blue. Did the Red Bull In Decals In case I want to ever change.
Still Just have to finish the top rails in blue.
Any one else have boat wraps would love to see em.
Attached Images

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-09-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Don't
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
I think it would look good with red or nothing on top. Blue might make it too much. Sick wrap though im thinking about doing one myself
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-09-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
what did it look like before the wrap?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-09-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
Is Red Bull sponsoring you or something?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-09-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
You should at least squeeze a few cans out of them for that........
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2012, 8:21 PM Reply   
Looks good. Im sure it will be a head turner! Now your guaranteed to jump higher... Now that you have wings!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-09-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
What color is it under the Blue? I think I would of left the boat alone. Sorry man just trying to keep it real.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-09-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
You do it yourself? Great job if you did! Sure hope the drink is making your boat payment or your getting a reality show very soon.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2012, 10:30 PM Reply   
How hard would it be to remove all of that?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2012, 11:30 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^what he said
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2012, 1:15 AM Reply   
Exactly what he said ^^^^^^^^^
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-10-2012, 2:36 AM Reply   
What the...

is Red Bull your wake benefactor or something?

What would the effort be to remove all of that? You said you did it in removable/disposable stickers right?

The impulse blue looks like a primer color and is too bright for my taste. At first glance Ithought this was a PhotoShop job. No such luck.

What did the boat look like prior to all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynautique View Post
In case I want to ever change.
Oh, INDEED.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-10-2012, 5:53 AM Reply   
That looks terrible.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-10-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
Looks good. I am in the proscess on doing a poor mans wrap on my boat, just a wide vinyl stripe. My boat is all white and I've wanted some color in it for quite a while. Lot of haters on here but with most of the "cool" boats out there are all white or all black, I like some color. I have thought about putting alot of stickers on my boat like a nascar of wakeboarding but havn't did that yet.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-10-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
personally i don't like it... only because it looks fake. If redbull were to wrap a boat i think it would a lot better and not so "cheap" sorry, but that's just my opinion. now if redbull were to actually wrap a boat, that would probably be sweet because they would make it nice inside and out and make it looks perfect with out 1 off stickers and cheap vinyl....
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-10-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
That looks terrible.
your face looks terrible!

Nice wrap man. All these hater can STFU!
Old     (troynautique)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-10-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
Thanks The Truth Atleast you put some effort into your hate!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-10-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
It doesn't look like every other boat on the lake, it's unique, and to me, that makes it great. I love that it is your own look, and people will recognize your boat everywere you go.

Just out of curiosity, what joy do people get out of trashing someone else's boat? Sometimes my opinions are so brilliant that I just have to trot them out there so everyone can see how cool and superior I am, but I try not to let my ego goad me into trashing other's stuff. I guess if it makes you happy to post that stuff, have at it, it's an open forum. Rant over.

Last edited by surfdoggy; 05-10-2012 at 7:34 AM. Reason: typos
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-10-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynautique View Post
Thanks The Truth Atleast you put some effort into your hate!
Well, judging by your tone you are taking it in stride. You had to know this was coming right? Red Bull? I didn't post hate, I actually love the boat sitting under all that. Can you answer the questions I asked? It clears a lot up if Red Bull is your employer or benefactor. It introduces a bunch of new questions if you just drink Red Bull and love Red Bull.

As for the other fella's comment on getting off on trashing someone else's boat, no. I am sick of that whiny reasoning and "half hearted defense, half hearted offense". It is an open forum, it's the internet, and this guy came on here with a pretty outlandish wrap/design for an otherwise great boat and my guess is he knows it. That's a great boat up under that nonsense. Nobody said the boat is bad - but that the 'paint job' is. A Correct Craft Nautique 210 has probably worn a worse wrap but I don't know what it is. That's a pretty tacky free commercial for Red Bull on his dime and I've never felt like that about a brand - enough to go to that length to tell people I like it so...

If they guy says "oh by the way I am Dietrich Mateschitz" then it changes everything.

This actually feels like baiting a little bit now that I think about and keep looking at that thing.

The wrap? It's awful.
The good news is the boat, which is what matters, is super solid.

Last edited by boomshot; 05-10-2012 at 8:54 AM. Reason: removed some hate
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-10-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Maybe hes related to mike metzger
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-10-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
That looks terrible.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-10-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
I like Red Bull and I like 210's, no doubt about that. But I persoanlly wouldn't wrap my boat in Red Bull advertising unless they were paying me, or for my boat. It will gather attention and people will probably think you ride for red Bull so that might be a good thing if its what you are after.

The thing about boats is people have opinions and when you post your custom boat you are going to hear them. I have an X-30 on the way and I went pretty flashy (Orange black and silver). Some people like it while to others it's too much, and they prefer something more plain/classic like all white or white with a blue or red stripe. That's why they make boats in so many colors and designs, to have something to appeal to everyone.

This wrap doesn't necssary appeal to me but maybe Im getting older now too (35) and growing out of this phase.
Old     (troynautique)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-10-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
1. Yes easy to remove

2. Sorry for primer look agreed somewhat looks that way, pic was taken with a crappy cell so it looks much cleaner in person

3. Underneath is white and the boat sits in the lake all year so I figured this was a more economical way of protecting the boat then currently spending the 8 G's in a boat lift

4. Yes I'am getting free schwag

5. 100 percent expected some backlash as there is one thing I know you can't please everyone
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-10-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
1. Good
2. Doubtful
3. White > Red Bull and washing it is cheaper than wrapping it
4. Then it's all worth it.
5. Its your boat - not mine. It's infinitely better than watching from the shore.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-10-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
These forums are better than any day time TV.....
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-10-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
The lettering on the back looks goofy to me. I would have put the logo back there. But really who cares what other people think, its your boat and do whatever makes you happy. I am putting a teak "woody" type stripe on my vlx right now that I am sure some people will hate. I teach woodshop and think its cool
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-10-2012, 9:37 PM Reply   
has any one said anything about skulls, perhaps flaming skulls, pit bulls, griffins, or the word "faith" in tribal lettering?

Add some of the above and it will be what core people call "legit bruh"
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-10-2012, 9:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_in_ssp View Post
Looks good. I am in the proscess on doing a poor mans wrap on my boat, just a wide vinyl stripe. My boat is all white and I've wanted some color in it for quite a while. Lot of haters on here but with most of the "cool" boats out there are all white or all black, I like some color. I have thought about putting alot of stickers on my boat like a nascar of wakeboarding but havn't did that yet.
Nick, in all seriousness. please put the old school rainbow color pattern Malibu logo on your boat...
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-11-2012, 12:01 AM Reply   
Without a doubt having that awesome boat is better than not having one. But without a doubt this might be an epic fail at boat wraps on an otherwise great boat design.

You have an opportunity to turn this around though. Kill and remove this wrap, suck up the loss, and start a funny thread on Wakeworld starting with an apology to the boat gods and ask what wrap you should really put on it. You'll have plenty of stupid humor photoshop wraps, but should get some good ideas. And when you do put a new wrap on there. I say you put a small RedBull emblem with a circle and diagonal line through it near the stern on both sides of the boat. When anyone asks you what that means you can comedically and with proud humility return to this full scale Redbull wrap idea and explain the whole story.

If you read this and I'm 100% out of line, don't change a thing, it's your boat and your pride. But if there is that part of you that looks at it and says "Hmmmm, wasn't exactly what I had envisioned..." kill it quickly and get a new wrap before Summer!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-11-2012, 12:45 AM Reply   
I dont think it looks that bad. I just have this weird thing where more than 2 colors pisses me off. And one has to be black.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-11-2012, 4:16 AM Reply   
If the OP's boat was an Xstar, Tige or MB, this thread would be 19 pages long already. Just sayin'
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-11-2012, 5:52 AM Reply   
^^^ haha niicce!!! I'm suprised nobody has asked him to sell it and get an MB, or someone strongly defending this wrap just because its a nautique and posting a pic of the g23 just for good measure.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-11-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
Oh, and that .gif posted above is absolutely hilarious/disturbing.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-11-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
My 2 cents... Wraps are a personal endevor, what looks good to some may not appeal to others. What I think sucks is when people flame others for showing their creative efforts. At least Troy will have one awsome one of a kind boat.

Troy, Do what YOU want to do and dont let the negative criticisms sway you. This is your boat and you dont need to answer to anyone. I have to say, I do respect people who are not affraid to show their support to brands without expecting anything in exchange. I do like your wrap, however if it was my boat, the only thing different I would have done was made the Bull larger and placed it dead center overlapping above the rub rail. Personally I like wraps that continue above the rail, but that just my opinion and that doesnt really matter. Do what pleases you.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-11-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
I am the 3rd owner of this one. The wrap is still in excellent condition and I think it looks awesome.

Last edited by Iceberg; 05-11-2012 at 4:03 PM. Reason: Larger Pic
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2012, 5:07 PM Reply   
That's just ACES baby! Are you a card dealer? Hit me.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-12-2012, 12:53 AM Reply   
Frank, how many years has that wrap been on that boat? I dig it but I though wraps didn't last very long.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2012, 2:05 AM Reply   
Frank's wrap should last a long time if he keeps it out of the sun just like any other decal. Just think about how long pin stripes last. His wrap seems to be holding up well.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-12-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
Frank, I love that boat. I tried so hard to get my wife to like it. It was a great price and a great boat.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-12-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
The wrap is original from Epic in 07. The wrap is rock solid. There is only a couple of small surface rubs from docking. The only issue I will have in the next few years will be the fenders on the trailer. There is some rust pitting from stone nicks under the wrap. I will have to remove it to repaint the trailer. But until then...

This is Nick's old boat; he bought a new Epic 23V to replace this one.