Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
got to take the boat out yesterday for a little work on the surf wave, and wakeboarding. we messed with it for a little while but it isnt 100% yet...

my buddy nathan irwin riding. hope the pics arent tooo big, i just got a Macbook and still getting used to it.

anyways here are the pics.

both stock tanks full(2400#)
750 in back locker
550 on back corner and side seat
400 in bow
1 adult on surf side(appx 200 lbs)
me driving (180 lbs)
trim tab down 1/4 of way

and the wakeboard wake if anyone interested. it is clean on both sides, just washing in pics when the rider was cutting out hard
stock tanks full
550 in middle of back seat
400 in bow

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-04-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
When you say both stock tanks do you mean port and starboard? I am no expert and have 0 experience with this boat but i would start with just the port side. Try to get around 1500# on that side then start to experiment with adding weight to the starboard and bow.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-04-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
yes both port and starboard side full. all the big waves ive seen they are set up that way. i havent gotten to go back out but next time im gonna do less on the starboard side and see what type of difference it makes
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-04-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
Your surf wave will be larger with the off-side 1/4 full or less.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-04-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
I think you want to add to the starboard to tweak the shape a bit. On my enzo I weight the starboard to get the swim deck out of the water so it doesn't flatten out the wave. And bow weight to lengthen the pocket but I think some boats do require bow weight.
My enzo I have 1100 in the rear locker, 750 under the port bench all the way up to the clam shell seat.(just like a enzo sac but two separate bag instead) then I add about 300-400 to the starboard, 0 up front
Old     (Jdog)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-04-2012, 8:21 PM Reply   
I recommend adding approx 500lbs of lead right around where the batteries are (or just behind them). You also need a little more weight up front. I also recommend having your trim at 50% to lengthen the wave.

Here is my setup:

650 front V sac
1400 Enzo sac on regular side
1000 sac in back corner on goofy side
550 lbs of lead just behind battery

I then use the internal ballasts to switch between sides (along with moving the lead to the other side).

Here is the wake and I can go back and forth in 60 seconds:

Name:  Right Surf.jpg
Views: 2342
Size:  156.7 KB

Name:  Left Surf.jpg
Views: 2192
Size:  162.6 KB
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-04-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
jdog - you're using approx 4500lbs of total ballast in your 23' MB?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-05-2012, 3:57 AM Reply   
Waves look good!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-05-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
here is one on my 23 MB B52 from Saturday
Attached Images

Last edited by surffresh; 11-05-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: no pic
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-05-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
one more from yesterday (phone pic and they always come out sideways )
Attached Images

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-05-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Jdog..sent you a private message
Old     (Jdog)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-05-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
AJ -- Yes ... it ends up being approx 4500lbs of ballast. I know what everyone is going to be thinking ... a lot of fricking weight! However, all I can say is that this boat handles it like a charm. We go over some really big waves when the lake is busy and there is never any issues. It is an extremely deep V with a high freeboard and drives really well even with all of this weight. The boat makes my old EPIC 23V look like a baby. I could do it with less, but I like to be able to switch between sides in 60 seconds (and love the extra size and push with the extra weight since I weigh 280).

Bill's Question (from PM that I figure I would post in case anyone else was wondering the same thing):

___
so when you have that setup, what are you doing with stock ballast? full on side you surf and empty on other? also where did you use to get your lead weight at? also with the weight you have, how close is the rub rail to the water?
____

I use the stock ballast to switch between sides. Therefore, my first step is to fill everything up. Then I just fill the internal ballast for the side that I want to surf (and empty the other side). I also move the lead to the side I want to surf in the middle of the boat. I have it all plumbed in from the bottom, so it does not take that long. You can ask Aqua Sports Marine in Fenton, Michigan about that since I am not a plumbing expert and they took care of it.

I use POP bags, but there are other options available out there. When I visited California Marine Sports in California, they had a nice lead bag option also. I have had my POP bags for four years and they have held up.

The water is just at or right under the rub rail. I have found that the best list for the boat is for the rub rail to be right at the water level which gives the best wave regardless of how much weight you are using. Regardless of the setup you use, the boat does like weight on the opposite side.

As a final note, I have been working on a 360 for three years (remember, I am a big guy). I nailed it the second time out with this boat and setup. Amazing how much easier it is with a great wave.

Happy Surfing ... since I am in Michigan and stuck reading posts for the next five months!
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-06-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
One last question. The bag you use in bow. Is it under the seats? And how full can you get it if it is under seats
Old     (Jdog)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-08-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
Yes. It is a v sac under the seat. I can fill it up.