Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (iaonbb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Since I'm stuck riding this dog for the rest of the season I want to try and get the most out of it. What is the general concensus regarding the best fin setup? I've already tried removing the center fin. I noticed there are two different hole patterns on each fin for more forward/backward placement. One person also recommended taking off the two sides and leaving the center on. What are the pros/coms of each scenario? Better speed vs. better surface tricks? etc..Appreciate any input here on what worked best for you and why...thanks all!
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Man, I could post a buddie's breakdown on fin configurations here. But my beginner advice is following...I am sure the experts here will chime in!!!

I started with the broadcast this season to get me to ropeless. Rode with only the center fin until getting hooked up with a new oogle. I had tried the 2 outside fin configs but the board was really locked in...

The single fin config made the board alot more maneuverable and lose for me...I liked it alot more because I could move around in the pocket and learn more from this configuration.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-10-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Try putting one of the smaller side fins in the center for an even more loose feel. I find the only way I can break my 5.6 free for a spin is with a small fin