Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (jenniferl088)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   

Hey :-) My boyfriend & I are just starting to get into wakeboarding this year but we go with another couple that have been into it for 2 years. Anyone know of any good lakes in Indiana for wakeboarding? I know getting out there early is the key but are any lakes semi-decent during weekend days?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
Not any that are close to you. You're going to to have to drive at least 45min-an hour for smoothness on the weekend. But there are a lot within that hour of a drive.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-18-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Jennifer

Come up to Huntington IN on Sun July 1st to our 1st tournament of the season. We have novice divisions for beginners. Here's the info www.officialNWL.com

After the event you can go over to Roush Lake in Huntington and ride until dark.
Old     (jenniferl088)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-20-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Awesome :-) I will be there
Old     (msey00)      Join Date: May 2007       06-20-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Chris- I am the boyfriend and this sounds like fun. I'd like to compete just to get a few pulls behind a nice boat and maybe even learn something. I'm 25 and I just started riding 2 months ago. Do other guys my age compete in novice? I just don't want to feel like a tool competing with a bunch of kids.

Thanks for the info.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-20-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
Every event is different but one thing is for sure, you will not feel like a tool at any of my events - Its all fun. BTW here is a pic the 07 Supra 22SSV pulling the 1st round & the other will be either a 07 Team 210 or 07 X2

Upload
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-20-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
well if you ever come down to evansville let me know. i will be more than happy to take you guys out. by the way not to high-jack the thread but is there anyone on here from evansville that would like to get together and go out boarding?
Old     (jenniferl088)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   

Where do you go in Evansville? We like to try new places and always looking for somewhere new to go. I am sure we will see you next weekend :-)
Old     (jenniferl088)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
BTW..Your boat is SUPER nice. We don't have a wake tower yet but hopefully some day..
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Jennifer, We go on Monroe nearly every evening during the week, and usually manage decent water on the weekends. It gets really bad, but weekdays are usually good.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       06-21-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Chris, I defintely loved that boat at the Ice Breaker this past spring. Thanks again for helping us out with that, I don't know if you heard the final numbers but we were able to raise over $1700 for the American Cancer Society. It was greatly appreciated. If you want to find people to ride with, check out www.wakeboardmidwest.com (also www.officialNWL.com) It has alot of people in Indiana that are always either looking for a 3rd/4th or for a ride both throughout the week and on the weekends. I live on Sylvan Lake in Rome City but ride all over the state. If you are ever in my neck of the woods hit me up with a pm. Chris, you going to be doing any "extra pulls" later in the evening. Zach and I are going to try to make it.

(Message edited by balr54 on June 21, 2007)
Old     (jenniferl088)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-21-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Thanks A-Dub lol :-) We actually go to Monroe pretty much every weekend as well. Matt's mom has a place on the lake but the water can be so choppy so we wanted to mix it up. We will probably see you out there one weekend!! We don't have a wakeboard boat but it does the trick. It's an 07 blue Glastron. Look for us. We usually have anywhere from 4-6 people (2 of us are girls and the others are boys) we are all in our early 20's (Im 22) See ya
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-21-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Thanks y'all!

Jennifer - FYI for riders south of Indy - I have applied for special permit to DNR for a one day event at Plover Pit in Edinburg but have not yet got approved. The wait is killing me. I should know by next week.
Old     (jenniferl088)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 4:30 AM Reply   

Awesome :-) Just let us know when if it gets approved. We are trying to hit up as many wakeboarding events as possible this summer.
Old     (m1tanker)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
Chris I am from henderson and would love to go! We messed up the drive shaft on our supra and wont be able to go out for a few weeks. I can bring u gas money too!!