Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Burandtman)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-13-2018, 10:46 AM Reply   
I am in the market for a new rope and handle and am in the middle of researching some options. I know I want a dyneema no stretch rope and the ability to put on or take off sections with the max length being around 80ft. I was looking into the ronin combo 5 or maybe the 5.5 or 6. But i have no idea what makes one combo better than the rest. If anyone has recommendations for a high quality rope and handle I would love to hear them. My budget is under $200
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-13-2018, 4:53 PM Reply   
Make sure you get a coated rope too, the uncoated ones tangle just too easily.
I'm now using the StraightLine Apex Suede http://www.slsports.com/wake-apex.html#prettyPhoto they also have it in 75ft plus handle, if I'm correct.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-14-2018, 7:43 AM Reply   
If you want the absolute best quality for a rope and handle combo, https://followwake.com/. Probably the most expensive, but nothing I have used from Hyperlite, LF, Ronix have even comes close.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-17-2018, 2:08 PM Reply   
The ronix combos are all great when you get up to the 5.0 and on the difference the only difference between the 5.0 and 5.5 is the 5.5 combo has a wrapped T handle as well and the 6.0 is a different handle. I’m also a huge fan of Follow Wake. Ropes really aren’t a huge concern as long as it is non-stretch. However I am a bit picky with my handles I have smaller hands so I tend to like a smaller diameter handle, and I like have a wrapped handle for the option of doing wrapped tricks.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-17-2018, 2:16 PM Reply   
Accurate A-Line.
Im using the JD webb handle & love it.
Old     (Oldrider1)      Join Date: Nov 2016       06-04-2018, 6:02 AM Reply   
Hi guys

Interesting Discussion. I certainly concur with the comments about making sure your rope is coated so much easier. If you are ever interested in new board setup reviews check out this cool site I came across, has some good reviews - worth a look www.wakeboardcritic.com

Have a great summer on the water

Andy