Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-11-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Last weekend, My wife and I invited some friends to come out for a day on the boat. They brought there two kids who have never been on a boat, let alone seen surfing before. they were all excited to get their new PFD's, and to "Go out in the boat".

After the adults took our first round of surfing, I saw the kids getting a little antsy sitting and just watching everybody. I grabbed my long board, a 5'8" original Shred Stixx, and called for Ian to hop in. His eyes were as big as silver dollars. His head was shaking no, but his smile was saying yes. It took all of about 5 seconds to have him in the water, and clinging to my legs. After we surfed, his 5 year old sister couldn't wait to ham it up for the camera. Their smiles tell the story.

UploadUpload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jay22ssv)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-11-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
What is the best way to get the kids on the board. I mean as far as starting out. I have a 6 year old who is dying to go surfing with me and my 8 year old is now doing it by herself.

thanks
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-11-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hay Greg,
Looks like they did a good job of holding you up!!!! You don't even look scared
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-11-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Thanks Jerry. They did a great job of keeping me up. I was a bit scared though.LOL. I'll be calling you later.

Jay: I just had them sitting in my lap with their feet on the board, and their arm wrapped around my legs. We just popped up as usual. It was very easy.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
That is too cool Greg...did the same with me nephews and they loved it.
Old     (dscorni)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-12-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Greg,
Thats too cool. We must of just missed you guys. Was that Sunday?
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-12-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Big Dave,
We went were out on Sat. Went riding on Sunday. Call me. (cocktails ??)
Old     (jay22ssv)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-12-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Greg,

I will try it this weekend with my youngest

Jay
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-12-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Great pics and way to be a "cool" dad! What kind of boat and ballast system are you running? That wake is awesome!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-12-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason. Actually the kids belong to my good friends, Jay and Kelly.
My boat is an '05 Tige' 24V, with an Ezo sac.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
Hammer you look very familiar? Anyhow I showed my 4 year old some of the pic's here on WW and she wanted to try it. Other than Lake Yosemite being 65 degrees she had a blast. Next week we will add ballast and free ride. In a warmer lake though. I am very proud of her.

By the way thanks Jeff and Lance from Inland the new board is perfect for me right now.
Upload
Old     (fitz2333)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-19-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Hey Kevin;
I was at the "Worlds" at lake Yosemite. I saw you guys in the Wakecraft on Sunday. I was on a white and blue MB with a guy I met from Atwater.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-19-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
I was thinking a while back when I use to live and go to school in Stockton, but now that you mention the worlds I remember riding next to you guys on the back of the lake.