Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    crystal1            06-03-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
Looking at a 2000 X-STAR . All looks ok, except that it has 550 hours on it . A bit nervous about that . What do you think ?

Thanks
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-03-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
Ant maintance records? 550 just means they used it..i have 1200hrs. on my '93MC, and still running strong
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
I just sold a 2001 Moomba with 660 hours. Never any problems with the indmar engine, transmission, v-drive. Compression was excellent on all cylinders. I wouldn't be afraid if it was maintained well and checked out.
Old    masterwake            06-03-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
They say 150 hours/season is average. I put on that much last year and felt like I wasn't out there enough. At that rate, being a 2000 thats 4 seasons worth of hours which means "average" hours would be 600 so 550 is about right.

Sometimes it is better to have more hours vs. less when it comes to boats because you can run into lots of problems from a boat not being used enough. If you are serious about this boat get it checked out by a good mechanic-if it gets a clean bill of health I would say buy the boat and enjoy the summer!

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
go for it. our 1997 X-Star has 700+ hours, all good :-)
Old    mia            06-05-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
if you have any concerns have the shop hook up the computer to confirm the hours and how many hours between 1000-2000 rpm,2000 - 3000 prm,3000-4000 rpm, and 4000 rpm above..
Old    rtm            06-05-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
just hit 800hrs on my Xstar last weekend... as shared above, if it's mechanicaly sound I wouldn't even hesitate if the price is right

other than issues with the tower (nothing a few welds can't fix) and replacing my steering cable this preseason my boat still runs like the day I got it...

I felt the same as you at 400hrs and debated selling... X2's are still one of the most popular boats and for good reason... now with 800hrs and no issues, I look forward to when I can say 1600hrs and still running strong...

I haved lived on the water since I've owned her and promise the 600+ hrs I've put on her are almost all with balast and a rider behind her...

Have fun... the X2's are still around for very good reason!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix!!

Good luck and enjoy!!

I know I'm biased, but it's my favourite wake out of all the boats we have the pleasure riding behind... and my girlfriend loves skating behind it more than any other boat as well...

have not had the pleasure of riding behind the new X-star... or the new VLX to be fair...

Cheers,
Todd