Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-12-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for a great day. It was a foggy and cold ass morning, until the sun broke out. Got the chance to ride in a decked out 05 VLX from Xtreme Marine in Paso. The boat was sick, the water was sick, and the riding was sick. Pleasure hangin with everyone, and with any luck will be doing it again soon. Thanks to Pat, Jeff, Eddie, and Stephan for letting Chuck and I get somes time behind the new BU.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
I would like to second that! Much thanks to Pat for driving & bringing the sweetest looking boat out there. Talk about a great boat to drive/ride behind. Brandon, looking good, bionic knee in full effect. Good boat, good riding, good water & most of all good people. Thanks everyone.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-13-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
did anybody else from this day of riding wake up this morning a little sore? Eddie was having a hard time getting up and running today and he is fourteen!! Thanks to everybody for their hospitality to Eddie yesterday, big thanks to Jeff for the invite and to Pat for bring that awesome boat!!!
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-13-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Who was that other guy who went... Brandon, do you remember..?? Oh yeah, it was me. Thanks for including me in your list of "people to thank". I was the guy huddled under the blanket cursing Ca winters.
By the way Brandon, Hydroslide is looking for some team riders in the area. Do you want me to get you their number? I think it's 1-800-OhCrapForgotAboutSteve.

Eddie is not the only one Robyn. I am dictating this to my wife as I am in traction on the couch. Stupid old age.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-13-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
I knew you were there too Steve, but I wasn't sure if it was on the down low, I know that they have to keep your wherabouts top secret so as not to have a media blitz on the lake. Steve, you are always great to my kids, thanks.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-13-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Man, I always miss out on the good stuff.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-13-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Do not want to forget Dana, either. He didn't ride (this time), but he took over 250 pictures yesterday. Thanks Dana, next time you'll have to ride for sure. Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Steve Bates - Thanks so much for driving, and letting me demo your gear.

I HAVE FOUND MY NEXT SET UP - 2005 ABSOLUTE 141 PLAT / ZEUS BINDS!!!! Really excited about how well this stuff worked for me!!

Thank you Pat Young & Team Xtreme Marine, for bringing that awesome ride from sunny Paso, through the mud and fog to freaking cold Bakersfield, so that we could ride and test out some new equipment!!!! Thanks for being the best cousin a guy could ever know!!!!

Thanks Steve, Brandon & Chuck for providing awesome company (and entertainment). Thanks Chuck, for letting me ride your board!, and for bringing the heater blanket (which I only got look at)!!!! Wake Ninja in the hizzy!!!!

Thanks Special Ed, for riding up there with me. Robyn, did Eddie tell you about his double up???? OMG I have never seen anyone get booted straight up like that, easily 20 ft high. I'm sure if you measure him today, you'll find hime to be 3-4" shorter than he was Saturday (J/K-LOL)

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-13-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
Sorry Bates, but you know that I still love you. I was in a hurry when I posted it, if it makes you feel better, I forgot about Dana too.

Jeff, glad to see that you will be joining the CWB family.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
I was perusing(sp?) through Dana's pics on the way home & there were some really good shots. He got Eddie's D-Up at it's peak & it looks crazy! Momma Valdez, you got a good kid there, funny little turd too.

Anyone wanna banana? They're good for you...
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-13-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Man, I feel the love in this post.....

Cold in Bakersfield? I'm in Toronto Canada and can't even begin to think about wakeboarding yet....still waiting for the first snow storm of the year for us. On a side note, hurry up and post those pics you guys took that day....

Peace!
D
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-14-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
funny little turd?? Was the brown trout there?? LOL!! Would love to see that D-Up shot!! thanks Stephan!!
Old    highaza747            12-15-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Hey Pics Coming soon. Thanks to all and really enjoyed meeting everyone.
Dana
Old    highaza747            12-16-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Sorry it took so long but here are a few of the pics from the Ride Day. It was great to meet everyone. Pat from Xtreme Marine in Paso Robles CA was just the best. What a great boat, he's the best BU dealer anywhere. Hope to be back out in April and yes I will ride then. Just need a little more healing time.
Dana

Brandon
pics
Eddies D-Up
pics
pics
pics
Steve from CWB (Reps Can Ride)
pics
pics

More Pics Coming so check back again soon...
Old    highaza747            12-16-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
Just a few more....

Eddie
pics

Steve
pics
pics
Chuck
pics
pics
Jeff
pics
pics

End of the Day!
pics
pics

Props to Pat at Xtreme Marine !!!!

pics
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
great pics
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Awesome shots.......
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
That's one sweet lookin boat!
when do I get to thank you for a pull?
Old    highaza747            12-16-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
Hey Stephen,
I took your advice and ate a bananna, it really helped with my sore shutter finger. Thanks for the tip. More pics soon.
Dana
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-16-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
nice shots Dana, thanks so much for sharing!!! hugs, robyn valdez
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-16-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Brandon are you gunna get that boat, it is sick!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Dana, those pics came out great!

Andy, I'm totally checking out the new VLX. Not that exact one, since it is the shop boat. Had nothing bad to say about the boat at all. Great boat, sweet wake, lots of fun.
Old    highaza747            12-17-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
Got the photo CD's done. Will be sending them to Pat this Monday, unless I can get everyones address and I will send them out to each of you seperatly. Let me know.
Dana
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-17-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
Dana, I'll email you my address. I read in your profile that your a pilot. Who do you fly for? My father is a captain with Hawaiian. Also flys the 67. I've some hours under my belt too. He flys from Seattle to Honolulu.
Old    highaza747            12-17-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
Brandon,
I fly for American Airlines, first officer on the 767 and 757. I fly international routes. Hawaii, South America and Europe. I have some great shots of you, just haven't got them done yet will post some tonight. Would be great to get some instruction in April from you when I get back out to Cali.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-17-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
That sounds great. I'll be here, just look me up. Where do you fly out of? I have a friend who is looking at buying a place in Austin. That anywhere near you? I'll be sure to email you my address tonight.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-17-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
dana, can you gimme 2 tix to chile? thanks.

Old    highaza747            12-17-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Brandon, I'm in Dallas Ft-Woth area. Austin is a really cool place, great lakes, night life ect. Its about 4 hours south of us.

Joe, I would if I could, Chile is the shizits, great country.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-17-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   

quote:

Chile is the shizits, great country.

that's what i hear. my girlfriend's chilean.
Old    highaza747            12-17-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Though a few more pics would look good on here.

This is not a diss on Steve he landed this to blind! Great Move Steve....

(Message edited by highaza747 on December 17, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-17-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
Once again Bates comes through & stomps the move of the day. inverts meh, 5's ho-hum, batwings not so good, fashion air to blind AWESOME!!!! I love it when you throw that trick, I laugh my arse off every time.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-17-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
Bates is my hero!!!!