Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakemaker1)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-02-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
After about 1 hour of play my pro 80s that are powered by a kicker 550 X2 stareted to sound very deep like the highs cut out then it would come back to life ?? batteries were fully charged and amp was hot but not going into protection ??? What would make this happen ?
Old     (gnat87)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-02-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
your hitting a protection mode built in the speakers...mine were doing that after i tuned them so i turned my gains down a little and it stopped. I know it is set very high and it really shouldnt be hit so I wouldnt let it happen alot
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2010, 5:49 AM Reply   
Its fortunate that the protection circuit is doing its job because it may have saved a tweeter. Revisit the tuning including gains plus any intermediate EQ or component and crossover point. Flatten out any EQ or tone controls and make sure your program material isn't loaded up with a bunch of EQ emphasis. Dirty downloads and burns. Anything like low impedance, low voltage or heat that may be compromising the amplifier's output. Check your full power level without a hint of distortion at rest and without the competition of the engine and movement then use that numeric value on the source or remote as a volume reference as you're pulling. Otherwise you are unable to hear what is full power or beyond when underway.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (wakemaker1)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-03-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
my system was installed and tuned by hydrotunes thay said same thing the crossover was going into protection ! going to try and turn gains down a little prob dirty downloads causeing problem and playing it at fullthrottle for hours !!

Last edited by wakemaker1; 08-03-2010 at 3:55 PM.