Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-17-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
I just finished this video and i just wanted to know what everyone thought.

here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-u6BLqb3c
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-17-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
SWEET!! OOOOOOUCH!! and SWEET!!
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-17-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Pretty cool Daddio!
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-17-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Good job!!!
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Nice Video
Excellent Riding
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       10-17-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
great video ..id limit the stiching session to a second or 2 thats it..thats the only edit id make!! but great video
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-17-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
yea the stitches were a bit gross i got the shivers. You guys definately have a list of tricks dialed. It may be time to get some new angles. a water housing for tube shots and some chase shots. I dont know how expensive your camera is but I had a cheapo 300 dollar cam that i just stuck in a 5 inch pvc with a plexi lens and put a rubber end cap on so i could push the record. made it for 22 bucks and it worked perfect. threw some stainless handles on and voila. ill get some pictures up when i get a chance. great job though none the less
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
I like the gloves!
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-17-2006, 11:21 PM Reply   
Brad: that is probably one of the best video clips I've seen done by an amateur. Keep it up. Get your name out there too. I bet you could find enough people in your area to make a good video.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 12:00 AM Reply   
ok,

couple of pointers for a video like this.

First of all, cut the approach to the wake down. People lose interest. Second, try not to do everything in slow mo. SOmetimes people want to see full-motion video. Also, try to cut down on the gore footage...we got the idea after like 2 seconds.

Great vid though, keep rollin! I am currently working on a vid for next summer also, hopefully I will be able to upload it here. Awesome to see non-pro riders from time to time.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Sweet video man. Like Garret said, it's pretty sweet seeing riders that are closer to more people's skill level.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-18-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
Good video...IMO, You should have glued that chin together instead of stitching it.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
thanks for all the input guys.

BadBoyRipper, i had to use the gloves because i had bloody caluses on each hand, so dont worry, its not a normal thing

i think your all right about cutting down the stiching segment too. i just made this video in like a week and i was running low on footage and needed to fill in space.

Byrd, your probably right about using glue but i actually got stiched on my friends kitchen counter by his dad after work and thats all he had lol.

i really appreciate everything everyone has said. it really made making this video worth it and ill take into consideration all the suggestions for my next video
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-18-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
I definately like your gloves I say keep wearing them for style.
I also got some pictures of my girlfriends chin that make that look like a wimpy cut.
Good riding, kooks you are ready to move on to some more advanced tricks. BCP MIKE
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
thanks mike. what tricks do you think i should work on next?