Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-21-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
I know there are a number of cyclists on here. What are your preferences with sunglasses. It's time to upgrade from the old M-frames and I'm looking at a couple different options as of right now. I have centered most of the search on some different Oakleys, mainly the Radar line, but I have also come across some Tifosi glasses that look decent and are much cheaper. I would prefer something that I can switch from a day lense to something clear or amber relatively easy, but it's not a deal killer that they lenses are interchangable. Is it worth spend $250 plus on some of the easy switch Oakley line?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
I have these: http://bbbcycling.com/bike-wear/sport-glasses/BSG-43
They are well priced and look nice. I refuse to buy anything oakley now after learning disturbing things about them pressuring their employees to lie under oath for Armstrong.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-21-2013, 1:11 PM Reply   
I have a mix of glasses. Some Rudy Project ones that I really like and their replacement lens are dirt cheap once they disco the frame. I bought two replacement sets of lens for $10 each.

Pair of Ryder's that are very big coverage wise and transition from clear to dark based on lighting conditions. I use these for cloudy days and for track racing. On the track we start in the sun and end up under lights later in the evening. I wear contacts and want a single pair of glasses that provide good wind coverage and are not too dark when the sun goes down.

Pair of cheapo Performance band glasses with interchangeable lens. They tend to have the orange lens just left in them. I got these for their coverage and white frames and they where like $30 on sale.

I tend to stay around the $50 mark for glasses and don't get upset if they get lost or damaged. I have nice ones for non cycling use that take better care of.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-21-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
I'm still rocking zeal lazors. They have interchangeable lenses and back in the day they would do prescription interchangeable lenses too. Zeal doesn't support the frames anymore, but they can be found from time to time for cheap. I've broken a few frames over the years, but all of those sets of plano and prescription interchangeable lenses still work.
Old     (Kemikal)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-21-2013, 9:37 PM Reply   
Get some Kaenons... Best glasses you can buy. For running I use the Hard Kore and for casual and on the boat I wear the Guage.

Kaenon really are the greatest.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-22-2013, 11:30 PM Reply   
Too funny... I am the complete opposite of the spectrum. I ride both road & mtn. Use $6 Walmart safety glasses, dark for sunny, clear for cloudy, fog. After spending $100 once and losing or destroying them, I just don't see spending $100+ on glasses that I'll misplace or break within 18 months. My "brand" works just fine and I don't have to freak about where they are or if I lose them.
Attached Images

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-22-2013, 11:48 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-29-2013, 9:43 PM Reply   
Went with some Tifosi photochromatic that I picked up at my LBS for pretty cheap. Good look and feel and about 1/4 of the price of the Oakleys.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-30-2013, 5:03 AM Reply   
I do tri's and the frames were always in the way so I went this route... Visor
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-03-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
I still run Oakley's 90 % of the time. My Favorite are the Scalpel. When it's dark I just grab my cheapie Performance shades. Usually when it's dark it's also rainy or muddy. No need to ruin nice glasses in those conditions, for me anyway.