Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-25-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   

Any advice?
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-25-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Your spin is under rotated and the flip is a little over rotated. You want to throw the flip softer than a standard backroll to land on your toes and exagerate the spin to land on an edge away from the wake. It helps to think about puting the handle in your back pocket when landing with your right hand. Good luck, Im sure you'll get them dialed soon.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
I always concentrate on edging harder away from the boat at the last second which naturally rotates the 180 around easier. My edge for a roll to revert is different than a regular roll. Also you want to start rotating your 180 sooner. You are trying throwing it really late. Then concentrate on spotting your landing and getting your chest over the board. Here's a sequence pic that shows the different stages pretty well.
Attached Images

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-25-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Few BIG tips here.

First try and push the board away from the boat more. In some of those shots it looks like you are almost letting go with your back hand then trying to get it back on a do the 180. What I would suggest is letting go with your front hand almost when you leave the wake, that will force your to get the 180 done sooner. Another big tip that I have is that your should go for the grab. I am really big on learning grabs while learning new inverts. That way you dont learn habbits that will make it next to impossible to get the grab latter. Not to mention that grabbing helps you tuck up a bit more and cleans the move up. Hope this helps. Also remember to get your shoulders over you knees when you land. That way you wont slip out.
Old     (TheTrampPlace)      Join Date: May 2010       05-26-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
You know if you were to sit on a chair that has a back rest. If you were sitting in the chair and you leaned back into the chair lifting up the front to legs of the chair. That is the feeling I have as I edge in on a R2R. I think you should let you hips get more seated edging in. The other thing is don't let you shoulders come closer to the handle. When you watch your video you will see right before the wake your shoulders come forward. When that happens all of you line tension went into your hands. Try letting the rope do all of your balancing by not just holding the rope tight but, letting the rope hold your body weight. When you leave the wake make sure that you keep leaning on the rope. Once you have set the flip rotation. Let your left side of your body rotate away from the boat to do the 180. Then the right arm(hand,elbow,shoulder) can hold your line lean as you rotation. So your line tension/lean will stay the same throughout the trick. Also, if you are leaning on the rope while you are in the air, when you let go with your left arm that will start your spin rotation. You will not need to spin your body anymore. Keep in mind that these changes will help you get more air and rotation so, you don't need as much speed edging in. More leverage less speed.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
let go and open up half way through the trick. Then bring your back hip (soon to be front) towards the handle and set it down.