Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-19-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
What's up all? We've got a 2005 23lsv with a couple hiccups that need to be taken care of before this weekend. I'm hoping you guys can help, you always do....
1.) The temp is reading at or below 80 degrees the whole time. The exhaust manifolds and exhaust water are pretty much cold. I'm thinking the thermostat is probly stuck open. Any other suggestions?

2.) The belly tank's empty pump is mounted right in line with the center drain plug, and after a couple years of riding, the tank has worked its way back so that the pump is very much in the way of putting the plug in. I was thinking either pull the front ballast out and see if I can get to it that way or putting a bottle jack between it and the gas tank and pushing it back. Once again, I'm open to ideas here.

Thanks in advance
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Take it in for warranty work...
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
To really get to that center ballast tank, you need to remove the gas tank. It's not fun. Hopefully, your boat is under warranty. Are you the original owner?
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-20-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's what i figured. Thermostat is easy to get to. Not the same story with that tank.

The boat belongs to a good friend of mine and i use it a good bit, so i help maintain it. The place where it was bought isn't a malibu dealer anymore, so it takes at least 2 weeks to get something done. Besides that, they think the warranty may be up.