Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    akman            08-01-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
With the recent re-opening of Lake Henshaw and Sweetwater reservoir this brings the total number of lakes for fishing within an hour of San Diego to 15.

How many lakes in San Diego are there for water-contact.........1!!!!!

I also learned something new about San Vicente which is our areas DRINKING water.

You can fuel or re-fuel your boat while sitting at the dock IN THE WATER.

The rational from the lakes staff was that if there was a gas spill whoever did it would tell us so we could coral it and soak it up.

I asked if they would be cited with a ticket if this happened, they said no as long as they told us.

So if there is an accident and you drop your 5 gallon gas can in the water guess what?? No ticket, nada, zip.

If you are drying your boat in the dedicated area and you open your bilge and they see any gas, oil or tranny fluid come out of your bilge guess what?? Big ticket.

So it's ok to spill inside the lake but not outside the lake?? WOW!!!

Just doesn't make sense to me.....Diamond Valley is drinking water and we can't use it. San Vicente is drinking water and we can use it, we can spill gas, oil or other fluids and it's no problem.

Boy are water enthusiast getting the short end of the stick in So Cal.

In 2006 when they close San Vicente for renovation it looks like Elsinore, Perris, Castaic, Vail and anything else within 2 hours will become more crowded than ever.

This morning we went to San Vicente at 11:00am only to be greeted by 3 full lines of boats waiting to get into the lake. So there were at least 30 boats waiting and 100 on the lake since that is how many they let in at one time.

If they do open El Capitan when they close San Vicente it can hold 50 at a time.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
Isn't socal the best!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-02-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
well if you have some coin you can live here....

www.esquilago.com

I checked this guy out and he is legit. This has been in the planning stages city and county for years now.

I called the guy, 800 a lot on the water, 525 for a nonwater lot. 2 left on the water, better hurry.

or before long we will all be riding down south.

Maybe if I get one you guys will be able to join me for some riding?
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-02-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
slipknot, is that 800K????
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-02-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
that sucks. I don't see how you guys do it.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-02-2004, 3:08 PM Reply   
yes
Old    akman            08-02-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
1 boat at a time for 10 minutes or 6 passes.....in 7 feet or less of water....uh....
no thanks.

Don't think for a minute they won't pass some ruling against weighting down boats and for loud stereo's.

800K for waterfront property with a crapload of rules......
Old    norcal_99            08-02-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
I called the guy too, and he said, "No tubing allowed."

So I said, "Forget it Pal, one boat at a time for ten minutes or six passes in seven feet of water and a crap load of rules, I'll stick with Norcal."