Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-02-2003, 2:27 PM Reply   
What company has come out with the best or most attractive offerings for 2004??

Personally I really like the new Malibu LSV and the color options!! I think the X-80 is kinda sweet for big water as well!!

(Message edited by bazel on October 02, 2003)
Old    svfara            10-02-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
I do like the colors of the Malibu LSV, especially the orange/copper color. Huge boat! Lots of room.
My fav Malibu is still the VLX though

X-80 is just overkill if you ask me...

Sounds like you're into the larger boats.

I was in the market for a smaller crossover boat and was completely blown away by the SVFARA.
I liked them before, but after seeing the 2004 I was sold. The interior is the best I have seen.
Fit and finish very impressive
Can't wait to see their new 23ft boat!

The Centurion Enzo was quite interesting, very different, but I just couldn't warm up to it.(seems like a lot of wasted space)
I woudn't mind trying one out though. Definitely the most eye catching 2004 boat in my opinion.

I guess it all depends on what type of boat you're looking for.

I haven't seen any new Nautiques yet... Do they have anything new and exciting?

Old    prov            10-02-2003, 5:26 PM Reply   
All the Nautiques have is a new tower... it about time... mybe because they have all that money now from the lawsuit.

But they are still the same boats as the past years nothing different.
Old    ibi_ubu            10-02-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
04 for ya
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-03-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hey.... Fill me in on the Nautique lawsuit? Whats the story! And on not changing the boat again... Its funny how everyone talks MC down for rising prices, but implementation/ progressions costs. How about milking the public for 50K for a product (don't get me wrong, I like the 210 Team) that has not changed in years. Oh thats right you can get it in lolly pop green! LOL
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-03-2003, 8:58 AM Reply   
And the x-2 has changed how???
And the x-2 cost how much???
And the x-2 has changed when???

And don't give me the thing about the new x-Star that is a whole other level of price gouging!
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-03-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Cal-air, you are wrong about CC not coming out with anything new... just wait a little bit.
Old    prov            10-03-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
Hey xxlair why don't you give us some insight on what CC is doing as you are a dealer for Nautique in Wisconsin. Our dealer has 04 product and nothing hs changed only a few small things, have not seen any new boats, molds or anything like that.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-03-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
the new sanger v215...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-03-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
Centurion is on the rise. Great Boats. Great customer service.
Old    dholio            10-03-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
If he says anything, his a__ will get reamed by CC
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
J.Mac, sweet boat. I just read an article about the new stringer system Tige is using in their new '04s, it sounds very impressive. I got an email from the local Tige dealer. They call it their new LifePLus Core Matrix. It now comes with a lifetime warranty that says if you ever have any structural defects from their new hulls, they will replace the whole boat with no cost to the consumer. Now that is one hell of a warranty!

I wasn't a big fan of Tige for a long time, but they have made huge strides the last couple of years to gain back market share. Between their new stringer matrix and their new concave hull, I will definitely be looking at Tige's when it comes time to purchase my first wakeboarding boat.

Jb
Old    svfara            10-03-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
Why are Tige's so heavy?
I thought the new stringer system would have lightened them up, but the rep said they are actually heavier...

I really liked the Tige' (especially the interior layout) but chose not to get one because the boat was 1000lbs heavier!
(I trailer everywhere and didn't want to have to get a new vehicle too!)

As for the Switch series, I was dissapointed when I saw them in person :-(
Very very plain, basic interior (but I guess that's the point right?)
Same hull shape as their more expensive counterparts, so the performance should atleast be the same for cheaper $$
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
05' Nautique............
Old    stitch            10-04-2003, 5:58 PM Reply   
I would have to go with the 04' Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Great room to fit 10 people, ton's of storage, great new colors, strong engine and warranty, and on and on. I've been extremely happy with mine!
My new boat
04' Malibu
Old    hockeyruss            10-05-2003, 4:28 PM Reply   
VLX's Rock!!!!

They have the best factory stereo's for 04 (Xplod), just add a little juice and some thump and your ready to go.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
What are those armoral wipes like? I'm thinking about using them on my boat.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-05-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
Is anyone going to elaborate on the Nautique lawsuit? Sorry, I'm a novice here. I would like to know.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on October 05, 2003)
Old    hockeyruss            10-06-2003, 4:38 AM Reply   
Armoral wipes work real well, I only use the glass ones in the boat.
Old    dholio            10-06-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
larry,
cc owns a patent for coming up with the concept of putting a raised structure (tower) on a boat for watersports purposes. Therefore, they have the right to collect a royalty from other tower manufacturers for using their idea. Many people are pissed but hey, if one of us came up with this concept, I know I would want the rights and recognition to protect it.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-06-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
Does anyone know much about the New Centurion Enzo?? It seems to have a interesting bow. Is this their flagship boat??
Old    recessfresh            10-06-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
I think the ENZO is centurions reply to the new X-star. I know it is 23 ft. long, and 102 inches wide. It has a pretty deep V and stylish new look.
Old    hlboatsnboards            10-06-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
How about Calabria's new 500hp standard 3 yr warranty engine!?!?! Definately worth mentioning.

Bill
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
From what I understand there will be more Centurions on the way with the same look
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hey Boats N Boards due tell more about the NEW 500hp motor that you say will be standard on their boats.

I'm looking to buy a new boat and looking very hard at the CALABRIA boat line.

Oh Ya I think the Sh.turion are just that a big pile of SH.T . Our dealer here also says it is...

(Message edited by insane on October 07, 2003)
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
And all malibu are also over priced for a chopper gun boat
Old    oshensurfer            10-07-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Wakenup,
Does that port in your sub box help that 10" explode sub hit or is it an explode 12"? I can't get my 10" to "hit". It gives the bass but it's not how I like it. It was free air installed originally, but I put a box that would fit under my console, but it still doesn't really hit..
Old    markb            10-07-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
Tsunami - I'd look somewhere else other than the dealer you're talking to. I'd take anything that he tells you about another brand with a grain of salt. Good dealers tell you how good thier boat is, as opposed to how bad the other brand is.
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
I was talking to the centurion dealer he is the one that told me his boat line is not very good. and the Calabria boat line is one of the best. The Calabria boats are large and very nice they drive like a DD when I was driving their BIG 23'6" and 102" boat. I was very very shock at how well this boat ran.
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
oh the Calabria dealer did not talk bad about any boats. Only he told me about his boat line
Old    markb            10-07-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
Let me guess......he caries another brand that he would rather steer you towards. Been there, done that, know the strategy from the car bussiness. nuff said.
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
No the Calabria is the only wakeboard boat line

he caries fishing and famly boats.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
Tsunami, man I have to admit I love my Centurion. Everyone is probably tired of hearing me say that but its true. I know they have had some problems in past but I really think they have pulled their act together.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
I would post a pick of my piece(boat) but I can't get it to work it keeps saying something like the file is to big. Can anyone help?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       10-07-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
Lance, Open your picture on your computer first... then save it with a new name at a lower resolution or smaller size to decrease the file size... then try posting your 'new' pic. I always take dig pics in high res and then have the same issue. good luck.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-07-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
can someone please still explain to me how hydrodyne fits in with calabria?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-07-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
TY Calabria purchased what was left of Hydrodyne. They made a few Calabria boats with the Hydrodyne name on them but don't think they are doing that anymore.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-07-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
take a look:
www.hydrodyneboats.com
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
WOW the Hydrodyne boats are just like the Calabria boats with that old Sh.t tower before they got the boss tower.

I do not understand why Calabria would build 1 boat name for Hyrodyne. 1 boat name for Alpina. and 1 boat name for Calabria. I think i should call Calabria and ask them to build me a boat and call itthe INSANE boats. but then I would have to sell them. hey who has Calabrias number?

hello Ryan
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-07-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
Website has been that way for a couple of years now.
Then again so has Calabria's
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
you would think Calabria would at least update their web site

hello Ryan @ calabria
Old    swpmwinc            10-07-2003, 4:13 PM Reply   
TsunamiFor a guy looking to buy a new boat you sure now alot about Calabria. Could it be that you are a ..............
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
I love this line of work, and have a great passion for it. I have been around wakeboard boats all my life and now is the time for me to buy my frist wakeboard boat. I see that you have a Calabria xxxl wake. What can you say about you boat.
Old    swpmwinc            10-07-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
Well I can tell you that it is great and it is for sale so I can buy the new boat coming out soon.So if you want to save some money give me a call.
Old    insane            10-07-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
I do not have you phone number what is the price and what are the options.

Are you going to buy the new v-drive from Calabria or something different.
Old    swpmwinc            10-07-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
Yes I am going to buy the new boat from Calabria when it comes out.Check it out on flipsell & PM me and ill give you my #

(Message edited by swpmwinc on October 07, 2003)
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-11-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff I finally got it.

Thanks
My PIECE
Old    hockeyruss            10-15-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
Scooby doo, yes the port allows the boom to escape, and yes it is an Xplod 12" sub.
Old    broken_ride            10-15-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
I would have recommended a Malibu VLX in a heartbeat until this happened....See Photo. Sorry to any of you who have already heard this story on other threads. You can check out more at www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/85761.html?1066255130
BUYER BEWARE! Don't say no one warned you.

Old     (ronnie)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-16-2003, 2:26 AM Reply   
So your saying that it's Malibu's fault that you hit something so hard that it ripped out your prop, rudder & wedge? Want to make it release? What about everything else that hangs down? Want to release the fins, prop shaft etc. too.
Man I feel for you & your family and so glad that your all safe but to bash Malibu is a little out of line here. I realize your need to vent and your frustration about the boat being out of service but come on this isn't Malibu's fault.
I hit a stump with the hull of a boat one time, poked a hole in it too. Don't think it was the Manufactures fault though. Stuff happens.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
I think he trying to get malibu's attention by continuously bad mouthing them. Yes I own one, but once, maybe twice was enough. If you go to any thread on any website right now that remotely mentions malibu, this guy is there "warning" everyone. There are other ways to take matters into your own hands without publicly making an ass out of yourself and trying to degrade a company/entity. Why not hire a lawyer take action rather than run your mouth. If you feel they wronged you, prove it legally. And why haven't you answered why your insurance is not taking care of it.
Old    broken_ride            10-16-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Chad - If you've been reading "any thread on any website..." (by the way, I've posted on 2 sites only) then you know I've already answered your question and addressed your point. I'm not trying to "degrade" anyone, just make people aware. You might feel differently when it happens to you. Hopefully it won't! Hopefully it won't happen to you or anyone else. Why? Because someone else was willing to make an "ass" out of himself to effect a change.
Old     (ronnie)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-16-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
What change are you trying to make. If you hit something in a fiber glass boat hard enough, something is going to give. Want an armored plated boat? Malibu is not in the business to repair boats that have been damaged by hitting objects in the water. That's what your dealer and insurance is for. You want Malibu to warrant the boat only if the boat is used in water over 6' deep? That way if you hit something and the hull was damaged you had to be in water less than 6' and no warranty claim allowed (no warranty anyway because it's your fault you hit something). I know your pissed because of the damage to the boat but I think your barking up the wrong tree.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Greg,

Sorry about what happened to your boat. With that said, your argument is not a good one. You are arguing that Malibu is responsible for the result of unintended use of The Wedge, i.e. hitting underwater objects.

Should they have designed some sort of safeguard for this type of event? Sure. Could they have? Probably. Should they be legally responsible for not thinking of it? Absolutely not. Most likely, the took a standard "overengineering" approach to the design and said, "Let's see how strong we can make this thing." Usually people praise companies for overengineering. Too bad they didn't have a sharp guy like you on the design team who would have thought of this anomalous event. Oh wait...you had to learn the hard way.

Malibu are not the bad guys here. By all means, give them your opinion on how they can improve their products but don't go bashing them all over the place and saying stuff like "I would have recommended a Malibu VLX in a heartbeat until this happened...." and "BUYER BEWARE!!!" Let your insurance pay for your boat and chill.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Greg

If you are not specifically on here to badmouth, then why is it that you have a total of 10 posts on this site and all have to do with this problem you have created. And on the other site, you have, well lets see, exactly 10 posts also related to your problem. Hey you have a legitimate problem, but I feel that you are going about the wrong way solving it, that's all. You have specifically created accounts on public forums to create as much negative publicity about a company as you can. It's no better than a politicians smear campaign. I have one more question about where you were riding, is that the area where there are a bunch of posts from previous docks running all the way across the slough? The area where they are sitting at water level and one who was riding there could see them just under the surface... say 6 inches to a foot?
Old    wissota            10-16-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
The bottom line is it is driver fault for hitting under water objects; Period. That is specifically covered by insurance. Anyone driving a boat should be covered at least liability & anyone driving a late model "wakeboard or ski" boat is a darn fool for not insuring it for "comp. & collision". If you can afford the boat you can afford the insurance. I pay $600.00/yr. & hope i never use it. Anyone who does not insure a "sweet ride" deserves to "eat the repairs"
Old    broken_ride            10-16-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
Sorry for all the posts. Just like this one, the vast majority have been written to answer questions or to provide clarification. Most of your questions or points I've already addressed in the, "Malibu Wedge" thread, so I won't waste everyone's time, including mine, answering them again. As for the location, no it was not in that area. If you know this stretch of river then you know where the rail is on the Yolo side. Again, I was in the middle of river. But that's not the point. Read the other thread. If you still don't get it, you never will. Hey, that's okay. I totally understand that there are opposing opinions on the issue. Thanks for offering yours.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
no one has mentioned anything about sangers! any opinions...
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-16-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
Just try to imagine being in Gregs situation. I am sure yall would feel the same way!

I feel for you Greg....
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-16-2003, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I was just surfin' at www.planetnautique.com, and they have just posted a list of the changes in the 2004 boats... Check it out at http://users.adelphia.net/~jcarrol4/2004Nautiques/2004%20Correct%20Craft%20Boats.htm.
Not much new, but worth a read... Enjoy!
B

Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
What do you guys think of MB'S? Any problems? O4's look pretty sweet
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2003, 10:33 PM Reply   
Aaron, Sangers rock but they haven't done anything new for a while, that being said they have a new boat due for release soon, the V215.
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-12-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2003, 6:20 PM Reply   
Nautique will be coming out with a new model, can't disclose until it's official but, expect to see something within a week.

Chris
Get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old    nathancmarks            11-12-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
I heard about the new nautique as well. From what i understand it is going to be a smaller version of the 226.
Old    maverick_gear            11-12-2003, 11:01 PM Reply   
New Centurion Enzo & LSV sickest new things out for 04' ENZO HAS BEST SURF WAVE HANDS DOWN !!! sick strapper wake and doope hull performance mines just a hull in the faktory right now but dec 16 she'll be comin home!!! you can plan to see me and clint out 4 days a week on lake samm this season
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-13-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Why is Dave Mix posting that X-Star on 3 different threads, it is not even his boat. He just installed-sold the stereo for the boat...And it is for sale.

Chris and Nathan, what can you say about the new Nautique. I would like to see a smaller 226.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-13-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
hey chris, throw me a friggin' bone here!
Old    dholio            11-13-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
Can't say anything about the nautique yet because it hasn't come out yet. why are people spoiling this anyways?
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
How about the Mobius XLV? I'm partial to Moombas because I have one (and its been great). If I had the budget (and a big enough truck to pull it) I'd definetly be in one of these!
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-13-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
i have a black x star that is for sale. this boat is sold. my new yellow x star is on the way. the new owner wanted to see some pics of it.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-13-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
Dave why don't you just say that the boat belongs to Stereo King (the black x-star) we all know who you are!!! and that Jon owns that black boat for promo reasons.
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-13-2003, 6:20 PM Reply   
not jons freebee!!!!!!
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-13-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
Heres ya another option!
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-13-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
Moomba's XLV. Looks like everything is large except price.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-14-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
So dave you tell me that you got a 70k plus boat for free! WOW

I know for a fact it was NOT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-14-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
I am not a MC fan at all but how can anyone say that Nautique has progressed as much as MC? I own and love a VLX, but I won't be the first to say that Nautique is way behind when it comes to innovation.
As far as the X2 being the same for a while, so what. They went out on a limb and built the new X-Star. Love it or hate it, it took balls.
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-14-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
What ever you want to think. you must know everthing there is to know about the boat. look for me in my new yellow one next summer.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-14-2003, 12:48 PM Reply   
Ok dave, do you mean that you got that boat 100% free, or did you trade some stereo parts and install with the local dealer? I also know that there is a partner with that black boat. Dave it is a small town, when people see the boat with stereo king on the window people talk.. there is only a few x-stars in town and I know of three that are for sale. How can a stereo sales person buy a 70k plus mc that must tell you how much mark-up you have on your stereo king stuff...

So dave do tell how did you get a boat for free?