Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
I am headed home and stop at Sonic to grab a quick bite (have driven about 35 miles at about 60 mph) to find that the engine cover has flipped back and is hanging on my a little bit of the upholstery. It was completly closed using the electric ram when I left. When it flew up it ripped the screws that hold the ram in place out of the floor and the ram was still collapsed. It didnt hurt the boat up tore the hell out of the upholstery and floor. What could have caused this?
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-18-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
They only need to came a small bit open. Like from a good bounce that is why most of them have a pin that you insert from the side storage locker. I lost one too a long time ago
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Closing the center windshield will help keep that from happening.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-18-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
Check to make sure the wood it was secured to isn't rotten. Even a little bit soft and it will pull the screws out. I am going through the same thing right now.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
Had mine start to open while cruising on the water. We ALWAYS close the windshield and walk thru door, while trailering. Youd have thought someone passing would have given the frantic gestures associated with "oh and point to the boat? Wind can be a very powerful thing.