Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-15-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Looked at one today. Does anyone ride with one and are there any pics of the wake?
Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2007, 3:41 AM Reply   
We dont ride I-ride, but we just got a vRide 2007. Its wonderful, and in my opinion a much better choice over an iRide, but that depends on your budget ofcourse. The wake is great. Its huge with just the standard 500 lbs and a wedge, but we were so lucky that they accidentally put on a power wedge instead of a normal one, we didnt have to pay extra for it. Just take a good look on the malibu website and some reviews.

I wish you the best of luck.

Bob
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-16-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
I have one and really like it, but I still like to slalom ski some times and take my boat to a private lake. The V-drives don't cut it for slalom in my opinion. That being said, I'll probably get a V-drive next time and just ski when I'm out in my friends DD.

I put a 750 on each side of the engine, a 1/2 filled sack in the trunk, MLS (400lbs), and wedge. I have ridden behind new and old VLXs, LSV, and a bunch of other boats. My wake is still one of my favorites. The transition is a bit shorter than the V-Ride, don't know why since it's the same boat, but it is. Also, 70 feet is about as far out as you can go at 23 because the transition gets too abrupt further back, whereas in the V-Ride you can go 75 at 23 easily.

I would only recommend a D-Drive if you slalom ski, sacks on the floor aren't a big deal to me, but V-drives aren't much more expensive and you should get the right boat for you. If you want a D-Drive though, a Supra Launch and the I-Ride are probably the only two I'd consider.

Here's a video taken from my boat at 75 ft. 24mph (the last trick or two are behind a Nautique 211).

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Jakober-s-NWWF-Video_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20308
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
thanks. I am a slalom skier and a wakeboarder, so i need a boat that will fit my needs
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-16-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
i Think the transitions is shorter bacause all of the weight is in the back. Try throwing more weight up front.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Try the Malibu VTX, it makes a nice slalom wake. IMO one of the most versatile wakes in the industry.