Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Contemplating having a snap-on cover made for my boat- for convenience sake.. Have any of you had these made or installed after the boat purchase. What can i expect to pay? --MC 205.
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
i havent seen a boat withough snap on covers, anyway i like mine we got it custom made for our boat and it fits nice and tight, its not to much of inconvenience to put it on and take it off, it worth it though i cant imageing anything other then snaps staying on during a good storm.

i think i remember it coasting like 250 up to 300 i cant remember i didint buy it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
I will never own a boat without snap covers.

Price list....which I guess would probably be fairly stable across the Country.

http://sugarhouseawning.com/boat_pricelist.php
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-12-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
price will depend on the material used. I personally would opt for snaps under the rubrail. I don't like the look of buttons on top of my gelcoat.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
thanks ---
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
adam -- does yours have snaps under the rubrail --don't believe i have ever seen any that way...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-12-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
no, I don't like snap covers, but have a few friends with snaps under the rubrail. Anyone who makes a custom cover should have pictures and know what it will looks like.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-12-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   
Never had a snap cover and never will. You will find that there are territorial preferances, typically against snaps in California.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-12-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
I HATE SNAP COVERS...i now have a cover that goes from the front to the back in 1 piece (see profile pic)..had a snap cover before, way to much work and this new cover protects the inside even better!
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
I too am not a fan of the snap covers. The 1st reason being than after time when you try to take the cover off it will tear the snap right through the cover and this is based on actual experiance. The second reason being, (IMO) I just dont like the way the snaps look when the cover is off. It seems to break up the lines of the boat. Not trying to piss anyone off who has one just an opinion I formed after having one.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-13-2006, 3:58 AM Reply   
I've had both type covers. We ride 10 or 11 months in TN. Being able to leave the bow cover on makes a huge difference in staying warm in the cool months. I think the ease of use for snap cover versus one piece is worth the small inconvenience of the snaps.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-13-2006, 5:53 AM Reply   
I got the bow and cockpit snap covers and a full mooring cover when I ordered my new one. The boat stays at our lake house, but 2 or 3 times a summer we tow down to the in laws lake which is about a 3 hour drive. To me they are nice just for that reason. I don't have to worry about dust or rain when towing now.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
I was skeptical about how I'd like snaps on the gelcoat, but I ordered a boat with snap-on covers anyway because I was tired of the inconvenience of dealing with a mooring cover.

Now I've had snap-on covers on my last two boats, and I wouldn't go back to a mooring cover. For me, a big thumbs up.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
you don't need a snap cover to tow..i tow with my 1 piece pull on cover
Old     (krit)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Have owned both and greatly prefer the snap-on. Have had no problems in the past 3 years of using it.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-13-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Matt, I don't know how your cover fits, but mine wraps over the rubrail and beyond about 6 to 10 inches. I was afraid to take the chance of the cover chaffing my gel coat.