Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-23-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Looking for opinions on these two boats. We came from i/os and got a prostar 205 last summer but sold it to get a vdrive. We Are looking to get a vdrive for under 30k Preferably closer to 25k if possible. Here are two options right now we are looking at. Any input on those boats would be great I have heard the tige throws a good surfwave but havent heard much about the malibu. Side not none of these have ballast right now. Also any opinion on the prices would be great to. Trying to really decide if the tige is worth 4k more. Thanks

2003 tige 22v
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/3490448163.html

2001 Malibu
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/3492839046.html
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-23-2012, 10:10 PM Reply   
Not much to go on since I don't have any first hand experience. Good pic of the 23's wave on this guys ad.
http://salem.craigslist.org/boa/3380659230.html

Have you seen the boats in person and can you get them on the water this time of year? They both look clean from the pics, but seeing them in person would help. It's obvious the Tige guy put some decent money in that boat recently. This time of year cash talks so start low on any offers.
High quality ballast setups can be had for $1k-$1.5k plus install.

Hope this is at least a start for you.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-23-2012, 10:39 PM Reply   
I saw the tige in person and it is in excellent condition but he is very firm and his price. The Malibu I have not seen in person yet. So far shops have quoted $2500 to $2800 for a ballast system. The owner of the tige is friends with a shop and I can pay 30k for the tige with a ballast system which still seems a little high for the boat.
Old     (tahoesurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-23-2012, 11:43 PM Reply   
I have an 03 22v myself and I can say that it can throw a very nice surf wave. The one listed looks like a nice boat and has almost half the hours of the Malibu. The price seems reasonable for the Tige. Get in both and see what they both look and feel like. Good luck
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-23-2012, 11:58 PM Reply   
If you surf and are on the Reg. side... the tige is the only way to go
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-24-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
I don't have much experience with the 23 LSV, especially that year. I have heard others say they take a lot of weight compared to other boats. However, I have seen several great 22V wakesurf boats and got a chance to document a great one in this article, you may find it helpful.

http://wake9.com/community/content.p...and-Noseriding
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-24-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
If you have some mechanical ability, for instance can install a car stereo, you can handle the install of a ballast system. People on here will be happy to help you design and execute it. For under $1.5k you can have three reversible pumps, three or four bags and all the parts to put it in, just to give you a little more specific info in it.

Too bad the guy is firm on price. I like finding motivated sellers.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-24-2012, 10:12 PM Reply   
Here is some other options we have. We also can spend around 40k on a newer boat if we want. My brother wants opinions of a nautique 220 vs a centurion enzo. Here are the two links. Overall we surf 60 percent of the time and wakeboard 40 percent of the time. Another big thing is resale value in 5 years and we care also about the rough water ride. The enzo we can get in the lower 40s same with the nautique. Personally I think the nautique is a better built boat but not sure about the surf wave compared to the enzo. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2006 Nautique 220
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=35335

2007 Enzo
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=34981
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-25-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
I have a 2002 LSV (same as 2001). For surfing the Tige is better.

The LSV took a while to dial in, but now we got it figured out and plumbed in custom, ballast.
Length and shape werent too hard, but getting a firm enough wake to do airs off of was the challenge. The Malibu just makes a softer wake. With the stock hard tanks in the back, we could not fit big enough bags to get a rock hard wake. But when we took out the tanks we got it to work.

We took out the rear hard tanks and replaced them with 1100lbs flyhigh bags, we plumbed in a Flyhigh tube sac (370lbs) on each side under the side seats, and we fill a 400lbs sac in the bow on the surf side. We also fill the stock center ballast and put the wedge down and go 10.6mph.
The boat HATES counter weight. If someone sits on the otherside (besides the driver) it totally washes the wake out.

The Tige is not as sensitive, and requires less weight.
Attached Images

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
my friend grace has that same hull tige and their wave is a monster