Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-12-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
so my phone's function to connect to wireless quit working and after close to 2 hours of trouble shooting with apple they send me a new phone today. Open the box attempt to hook it up to i-tunes to sync it and BOOM, no device driver available. Now I've been on the phone with apple for close to another 2 hours they are sending me another phone....hopefully one that works! sorry for the rant....
chris
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-12-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
I have been with AT&T since it was Cingular back in 2002... Finally got tired of bad reception, poor 3g coverage and horrible customer service, so I dropped them for Sprint and the new HTC Evo... Couldn't be happier!
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-12-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
i'm seriously debating it........now after holding my phone call is dropped and my blood pressure has gone up 100 points
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-12-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Oh, and now I pay $80/mo for unlimited data, free anytime cell to cell and 450 min/mo to any landline... Beats the $115/mo with AT&T.

What did me in with AT&T was my last call. I was dropping calls while driving well inside San Antonio city limits. I finally had enough and was calling to complain. The attendant that answered the phone got quite snippy with me, then asked how fast I was driving... Really??? I'm not driving a space shuttle!!! I couldn't believe it! I asked to be transferred to the manager, who answered the phone asking why I was being mean to her... I told her what she said and he discounted my bill by $40 that month!! Three days later and now I'm with Sprint, haven't dropped a call and the 4g service is almost as fast as my home computer!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
With the new Iphone, so far for me at has been 100% better than the last few iphones. Not saying that ATT is the best, but new phone is better.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-12-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
I want/need a new phone. But, I would like it to be a good PHONE. Is the new iphone a decent/good phone?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-12-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I want/need a new phone. But, I would like it to be a good PHONE. Is the new iphone a decent/good phone?
not if you hold it a certain way and if it's at&t.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
not if you hold it a certain way and if it's at&t.
I agree, just make sure you hold the phone in your right hand. The left causes reception issues.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-12-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would wait till at least Sept for iPhone4.

Smashed the glass and lcd on my 3gs last week and did some research in deciding what to do about it.

If you read about the case program from apple to fix the reception issue (that according to them was software, but here is a free case anyway), they will only provide for phones that are purchased pre 9/10. This leads me to believe that a new build of the iPhone4 will drop on the 10th (including the white version that has been mia) that will fix the reception issue.

News also dropped the other day about verizon. Granted this has bee around forever but this was on the HP of CNN about apple ordering a shat ton of CDMA chipsets from Qualcomm. If true, the only thing that could possibly be for is a Verizon release.

I ended up spending 110 to get new glass, new digitizer and a new lcd and 3gs is good as new as I would like to go verizon but I would been PISSSSSSED to buy a 4 now and have them release a "fixed" version in a month.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-12-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
Any smart phone (iPhone, HTC EVO etc) are more a great hand held computer and an "OK" phone...
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-12-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
4 hours later.....its fixed for now...
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2010, 6:45 PM Reply   
I am with sprint and have the htc evo. I couldn't be happier with my choice of phones and the price has been right. Three iPhone is nice but the android oprating system will catch it if not pass apple. An open operating system is easier to program for and easier to get the applications out also.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-12-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
I have always been happy with AT&T, my service went downhill once I bought my 3gs. This is my last apple product, I don't need a supposed for the people company telling me how I should use things, or what capabilities I do or don't need. iPhone was revolutionary, but the industry caught up.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-13-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Just curious to why anyone would buy the iPhone4 over the HTC Evo.... One thing I didn't realize until I called both the Sprint store and the AT&T store is that the iPhone4 isnt 4G!!!! It's called the iPhone4 because its the 4th operating system... Why would you pay more for something that is already out-dated by newer available technology, then be sucked into a contract making you pay $30+/mo more for it while getting worse reception and coverage?

I always hate being brand loyal to anything, although I fail at it, but once I did the research this was an easy decision!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
AT&T's customer service is the worst I have experienced. Anywhere in the world and any company. They answer their calls with"due to the high volume of calls we are receiving you might experience longer than usual wait times" Anytime of the day or night. For the past 3 years that I know of.
They can take every service they offer and shove it. Incompetent beyond belief.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
Brandon, I can say that other companies caught up to Apple and have surpassed them with hardware when it comes to phones. Apple isn't use to playing catch-up in the phone market and I believe they were hit with a "snow ball" in the face when they found out that the new phones have more features than the current iPhone.

when searching for cell phone providers, your area will dictate which provider you choose. I like Sprint and Sprint offers the best coverage in my area however, I have taken my phone to other parts of California and had horrible service. It's where you are and what company offers the best quality phone service reception IMO.