Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-08-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'm heading to Lake Mead this weekend for the first time. From what I've read on this message board, Overton's is the place to go.

Are there any good beaches along the Overton arm?

Anything else of interest in the Overton arm (i.e. scenic spots, cliff diving, etc...)?

Thanks for any advice,

~J.
Old     (amazongb)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
I'm not familiar with overton.. we launch out of LM Marina. Be careful of the afternoon winds.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-08-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   

Wakeboarding: Fire Cove Mile marker 19 (AKA BLack Rock) Also amoung the Islands south of Echo Bay seem to be the best weekend spots.
Yesterday was glass untill noon.

Beach: AZ side between Echo and Overton...lots of choices Lime Cove area my favorite. You want protection from the wind that comes from the east and south.

Cliff Dive: Cathedral Canyon is about 4 miles south of Echo and is a great place to excape in the afternoons. Swim to the very back and visit "Indiana Jones Rock". Some cliffs near Lime cove also.

Late afternoon Thunderstorms can be fierce this time of year changing the lake from glass to 4 ft swells in 30 minutes. Pay attention to the late afternoon weather.

http://www.riverlakes.com/overton.htm
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-08-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
this was our spot in Fire Cove. we were right behind mile marker 19. sorry, the picture is not that great. there were lots of little spots to day beach in the cove. also some little cliffs to jump off of.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
So, is it better to launch out of Echo or Overton?

~J.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-09-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
echo was dead on a saturday, mid morning. when I went by Overton during the week, it was just as dead. whichever is easier to get to for you, I would do. Troy would probably know better than me though.