Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old    packbacker1981            03-05-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I have been looking to purchase a 07 Centurion Avalanche for a couple of months now and I think that I am finally down to it. My question is that I am deciding between the proflight standard tower and the evolution tower. I really like the evolution tower better, but I have heard that it is really short like only 6 ft high. I just need to know how high the tower really is because me and all my friends are 6 ft plus. The proflight tower was perfect on the boat that we demoed in so I am kinda stuck. Also I need to know if the evolution tower folds down and if it does how much and where it folds. Thanks
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-05-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Evo Tower is way to short. Go with the Pro-Flight.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-05-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
If you plan on folding down the tower
You need either the Proflight or the Tribal tower
if you plan on putting it in a 7 foot garage door you need the Tribal tower

(Message edited by krbaugh on March 05, 2007)
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-05-2007, 11:23 PM Reply   
I think the tribal tower is better for taller people. The bimini top goes all the way up to the top of the tower.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-06-2007, 5:23 AM Reply   
Yeah. I would say go with the tribal tower. There is a picture of it in my profile pic. I really like this tower. The evolution tower is a pain to fold down (by yourself). That is the only reason why I didn't go with the Evo tower. My boat stays in a boat house right on the shoreline so I have to fold my tower down and usually by myself. The tribal tower is easy to fold up and down with one person.
Old    packbacker1981            03-06-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I will definitely go with the pro flight, especially since I will have to fold my tower down each time to get it in the building. Now for my second question, would you go ahead and get the skylon double barrell speakers that Centurion offers or would you wait and get something like wetsounds later? Also if anyone has the skylon speakers, how do they sound, and would they be great for a couple of years...Thanks.
Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
hey, i have the skyon rubicon 350s. there are extremely load and sound killer i believe i have a 800 watt kicker amp runnin them. i had some polk 6 3/4 and they cracked up when u cranked them.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-06-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
I've got the evo tower and have no probs folding it down by myself. i did notice there are a couple different styles of evo towers though. I've got the one with 2 knobs on the upper back side, and the tower is 2 pieces.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-07-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
Becareful. The standard Proflight Swoop tower will not fit in a 7'-0" std height garage door. The Tribal will.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-07-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
I have the same tower as Ryan. Not a pain at all in folding it down. Plus it really dresses up the overall appearance of the boat. The bimini is killer - a 6 ft'r can stand underneath it with no problems. As far as tower speaks - I ordered mine from Lostpro.com. The mounts look good plus the cans he makes are of high quality. He sells MB Quarts of all variety's. I went with the high-end 6.5's. They are tight (powered by a 2 channel 500 AMP Fosgate). Cuts the wind to 70 ft. Also, I heard from someone the factory speaks are a cheapy marine grade. Look into it!!
Old    packbacker1981            03-08-2007, 5:21 AM Reply   
Well it sounds like it is a difference of opinion...imagine that. Anyways, for those of you that have the evolution, where does it fold and how does it fold? At the top bottom, 2 folds? I just haven't seen one in person yet, but I really like it a lot. I have a 9 ft door on my building so I will probably have to fold it down each time I put it up and that will be after each trip. And also, can 1 person do it by themselves? Thanks guys and I will definitely look into the tower speakers, I think the factory ones are Sony Xplod's, so if that is the case I can do much better aftermarket.
Old     (chris_h)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
the evolution tower does fold and it drops below the window highth so the ..."on trailer height"...is 6'-10" to window ...good luck