Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-06-2010, 10:26 PM Reply   
I've out of the loop on specs and upgrades to wakeboards through out the years.
My 08 Transcend Platinum is being exchanged for a 2011 due to warranty.
I don't care for the graphics much on the 2011, but i'll get over that.

Is there A difference between the 08 and 11? Did cwb change the board at all?

Thanks!

Kevin
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-07-2010, 3:57 AM Reply   
yes there are. The new ride now has a center spine from tip to tail in the center to help with the landings. Also is a new shape, which when i talked to AA last he was super stoked on. the rocker line has changed a bit to i believe since the o 08, but over all youre getting a better board. so i wouldnt be complaining too much...lol
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-07-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
lol... not complaining at all... actually very happy with CWB and their customer service. I was just curious to know if anything has really changed in the board since my 08..... Thanks for the info!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Rode my 2011 for the first time this weekend and I absolutely loved it. Soooo much better than the 08, and honestly felt better than my 09 and 10 models too. Not sure what it was, maybe that I could get off my buddy's board.....but it just felt....better. I haven't looked extra close at it compared to my 10 model, but if it is different, it's really close to it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-07-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
I was not a fan of the '08 board and really liked the '10. They ride different, with the newer shape being a little faster and with the full length spine lands much softer. I'm pretty sure the shape has not changed from '09-'11, don't quote me on that though. Talk about great customer service! DC, I definitely notice a difference when jumping on a new board versus the old one, a season of landings starts to kill the cores of any board you ride.
Old     (radmattyd)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-07-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
The waist width is about 1/4inch wider in the 2011. About 1lb. heavier. New top sheet. But the exact same rocker.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-07-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Obviously, no more platinum, but for me that never made much difference. The new board will be much stronger.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-08-2010, 10:56 PM Reply   
awesome. it was shipped to my house today, I can't wait to see it. How do the 2011 graphics look in person? I can't wait to take it out and ride it while its still semi-warm out here.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-11-2010, 5:13 AM Reply   
sick!!!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-15-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
Excited to take my first set on my 11' Transcend next weekend.. I'm coming from an 09' Transcend Platty.. Will report back
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-18-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
11' Transcend showed up in the mail on Saturday. Hoping the weather holds so I can ride it next weekend.