Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
I had started a thread a month or so back about a cell phone phone range extender. I found Wilson Electronics. They sell pretty much everything your gonna need to boost the cell signal in your car or home. I bought the DB pro Kit. $347 on Amazon. The kit comes with EVERYTHING except a pole to mount the outside antenna.

First thing I did was run a Test to find out my cell phone strength. The upper LEFT corner shows -96. (Thats Bad 1 Bar)

This Graph shows how the numbers translate. (-50 being the best and -100 the worst or No signal)

This was my Signal after I installed the Kit. -66 (that's 5 Bars)

The Kit comes with a Directional outside antenna. This is what you mount on your roof and point at the closest or strongest signal you can find. Here is a pic of my outside antenna on the roof

The signal comes threw RJ-6 cable (provided in the kit) to a inside AMP that is powerd by 110. This amp takes the signal and Boosts it and then Re broadcast's the stronger signal Threw a Inside antenna. Sorry I don't have a pic of the inside antenna. But its a Small white Box that mounts on the wall and looks like a doorbell cover. This inside antenna spreads the stronger signal threw your house. It has a 20 to 50 foot range so it you mount it on the ceiling pointing down it will work down stairs.

I had Zero signal at my house Now I have 5 Bars pretty much every where in the house. Even downstairs 4 bars. But outside of the house its Not so good. In my driveway im down to 3.
The install took me a few Hrs but it was well worth the $350 and a Afternoon, This booster kit works will all phones and service providers.