Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2008, 11:04 PM Reply   
so i know this is a basic trick but for some reason when i go for the revert i wip around to hard during the 180 and pop the handle, its not even like i cant see my landing clearly either about half way through the trick i start the 180 and the g's pick up quick, id like to get rid of this problem so i can start mobes (hopefully)... really anoying, does anyone know the problem?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-10-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
If you have a lot of line tension and are coming around hard, then there is a very good chance you are throwiing this trick too early. I do the same thing and make it much harder than it is. Try to not throw the trick up the wake, but stand tall coming off the lip and THEN kick your head back.

95% of the time I bet I throw these early, but you will really notice the difference once you wait once.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
ill give that a go, you sound right, i ride behind the vlx and when the weake is lippy it can sometimes be a pain in the ass to clear at 80ft on my toes, so idge prettty hard into the wake. mill try that. i figured it was tension, most of the time i wait until after the pop to do all my tricks but this one keeps getting me. thanks for the advise
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-10-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I would try to learn a toeside back roll first. That will help you from getting lazy from the handle and help you edge longer and get better pop.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
see thats the thing i have a toeside roll, and im consistant at them, just the second i do the 180 it pulls super hard... its wierd.
Old    alanp            04-10-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
take your ts backroll as big as you can and then drop your rear(i ride goofy so when i land my right and is my rear hand) hand when you are starting to get inverted. if you can to ts backrolls this trick should come really easy. you stated you wanted to start doing mobes and the mobe out of this would be the pete rose. there may be mobes that would come easier than the pete, hs mobe or a crow mobe. can you land a ts 3 without passing the handle?? i'd be working on that too
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-11-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
hmm, "rear hand"? I'm thinking you meant to say drop your front hand, right? It becomes your rear hand when you land, but it's your lead hand when you leave the wake.
Old    alanp            04-11-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
yeah the front hand on take off and rear hand on landing. sorry if that wasnt clear
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
yeah i thought about the pete but i am leaning more to crow mobe, i have tried the hs mobe a couple times but came up alittle short. it hurt but after getting some of your guys advice it sounds like im focusing to much on the spin and less on the flip. i will give that a go, thanks guys
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-12-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
focus on keeping the handle at your rear hip (new front) as soon as you pop and leave the wake.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
ohh thats a good one that might be why im whipping around.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Here is what I do on mine:

Ride up the wake, wait a long time to throw it.

Pop and throw my head back and turn my front cheek to my front shoulder

Use both hands and pull the handle to my rear hip

Spot the landing, keep on your heel edge to avoid a faceplant